Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Discreet SBR

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

I do have four of the Lancer 10-round transparent mags, that I keep loaded with 7 rounds. They also feed with no issues.
    Did you have issues when loaded to capacity? I just received a Lancer AWM 10rd in smoke and it was so tight to seat on a closed bolt that you had to forcefully jam it in. Then to release I had to use two thumbs with the receiver on a flat surface. I grinded down the follower stop by about 2 mm and now it seats/releases fine but it's easy to load 11 rounds. I also had to remove some metal from the two tabs because it would not drop free if I loaded anymore than 3 rounds. I've only put about 40 rounds through it so far (mostly suppressed) and haven't had any issues feeding or locking back.

OP, I sometimes carry my broken down 12.5" in a regular backpack. It's not as durable or purpose built like all the other $200 "discreet" rifle bags but no one bats an eye when I walk out the house with it. You can see the outline of the muzzle in the top left corner (not noticeable when slung) so I'd suggest something a little shorter in 5.56 or an 8-9" 300 BLK.

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by johnson; 05-13-2016 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    MPX's are interesting. I use to own a B&T TP9. It was a fantastic little gun with a T1 mounted. Super lightweight and reliable.
    Clobb: is that a factory SBR? What's the story there?

What about a SCAR 16S with a CQC barrel? Seems to me to be a pretty good factory option, without having to deal with installing an adapter and all that. Or a CZ Bren 805 with the 11" barrel assembly (although one should wonder if the Bren 806 will ever make its way over here). If you wanna be all hipster and take a chance, the Robinson Arms XCR-L. Pair with whatever 5.56 QD can of your choice.

For a minimal package, probably a PCC like a MP5K-PDW (or a nice clone), SIG MPX-K, B&T P26, or maybe even a B&T TP9 or Glock in one of those stock-dealies.

Honestly though, I'm not seeing much utility in such a set-up, even though I totally want to set up an MPX-K for such a mission profile, just for shits and giggles.

User Tag List