Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Discreet SBR

Discreet SBR

Looking for recommendations for a SBR, caliber, silencer, discreet carry package.
    It has to be shoulder fired and accurate to the 100 yard mark with effective stopping power.
    All enclosed in some type of shoulder slung, back pack type soft bag that does not even hint at gun.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I see someone has read Unintended Consequences. I kid, I kid.

Can't help you with the SBR info (I'm in California), but as for the bag...

It's not cheap, but I honestly cannot see you getting any more discreet than this:

http://critical-precision.net/collec...operations-bag

It looks like something Filson would make.

There's also these guys: SneakyBags but not as discreet, IMO.

I hope no one suggests a tennis racket. I always see this and imagine some fat dude with a neckbeard carrying a tennis racket thinking he's "discreet".
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

I like Vertx bags.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I carried a "pistol" then an sbr w/ a detached, but quick mount, suppressor for more than a year and will be carrying again very soon.

Vertx Gamut Plus, a Law Tactical folding adapter, your choice of SBR setup (I prefer a piston setup as they work far better in the 7-9inch area in 5.56. If you are going to go 300blk, then a DI system will work fine.

I am going to be transitioning to a bigger bag (slightly bigger) so I can carry my SBR w/ PDW stock on it in a center-mount style - arc'teryx khard or lbx make a nice one...might even get the new 5.11 Ignitor, Covrt boxpack or M4 shorty backpack.

Few things to consider:

You won't just be carrying a rifle/pistol rifle/sbr w/ a can on it.
    You'll be carrying mags, IFAK/Trauma kit, pistol reloads, gloves, ear pro, TQ's, etc etc. So plan accordingly.

I'll be doing a review of the Vertx Gamut Plus soon, I've been busy and have not gotten around to it.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

How do you like the Law adapter?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    How do you like the Law adapter?
    I'm on my third one, not for any reason other than the fact the PWS piston system on that short of a gun breaks everything. I just got a new Gen3-M version and so far so good, though it'll probably work best on the 10.3" setup I have which its going to be on for a while going forward.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Double tap
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 05-07-2016 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    You might want to consider AK platform for an SBR. 7.62 X39 loses far less velocity per inch of barrel reduction. This is a VZ-58 I had done up for me years ago. I think it was a 12.5". Folding stock made it very compact. I should never have sold it. Don't pay attention to the crappy forend, at the time that was pretty much all that was available for that platform. I have no clue how good this would do with a suppressor.

I think a plain-jane CAR-15 with one of those LAW adapters would be a pretty slick almost-SBR that would stash easy but be slightly more expendable than a full blown SBR.

Also, that VZ shorty is really cool.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

What is the preferred piston system?

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I carried a "pistol" then an sbr w/ a detached, but quick mount, suppressor for more than a year and will be carrying again very soon.

Vertx Gamut Plus, a Law Tactical folding adapter, your choice of SBR setup (I prefer a piston setup as they work far better in the 7-9inch area in 5.56. If you are going to go 300blk, then a DI system will work fine.

I am going to be transitioning to a bigger bag (slightly bigger) so I can carry my SBR w/ PDW stock on it in a center-mount style - arc'teryx khard or lbx make a nice one...might even get the new 5.11 Ignitor, Covrt boxpack or M4 shorty backpack.

Few things to consider:

You won't just be carrying a rifle/pistol rifle/sbr w/ a can on it.
    You'll be carrying mags, IFAK/Trauma kit, pistol reloads, gloves, ear pro, TQ's, etc etc. So plan accordingly.

I'll be doing a review of the Vertx Gamut Plus soon, I've been busy and have not gotten around to it.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List