Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A little escapism: Metal covers of popular songs

If you have a car with a good sound system I highly recommend blasting sound of silence. We have a Tahoe with Bose and it is bone chilling..
    i used to wannabe

A band called Nevermore also does a pretty cool, if I remember correctly, cover of Sound of Silence. They're more prog/thrashy metal, so take that into consideration. I'm going to youtube it now to see if it sounds how I'm recalling from when I saw them

Eta: much more a "re-imagining" than a cover, but I still prefer it to Disturbed's, though that's not saying much.

Other covers I'd recommend are White Zombies Children of the Grave, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes Only the Good Die Young, Korn's Earache My Eye, Type O Negative's Daytripper, among others. I'm trying to think of covers of "popular" songs, rather than metal covers of metal songs. Elliott Smith does a cool cover of Because from The Beatles too, though far from anything considered metal, besides the way he offed himself
    Last edited by Paltares8; 06-04-2016 at 08:02 PM.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I'm usually not a fan of songs covered in a peculiar fashion, but this is epic. Do *not* listen at work.

"Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Always like Metallica's cover of Ecstasy of Gold

The Disturbed cover of The Sound of Silence . . . damn, I must be asleep at the switch. I'd heard bits and pieces flipping through the radio (I only really listen to Podcasts on the iPod) and never put 2 & 2 together on that. That's a damn good one.

Here's a weird one - Chris Cornell, acoustic, "One" - U2 music with the Metallica lyrics. Kinda cool but makes my brain hurt trying to process it.

Don't hate, you ain't even know me, you ain't know what I done been thru.

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Here's a weird one - Chris Cornell, acoustic, "One" - U2 music with the Metallica lyrics. Kinda cool but makes my brain hurt trying to process it.

I can't even begin to articulate how much ass that kicked! Best Frankenstein cover ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    I'm usually not a fan of songs covered in a peculiar fashion, but this is epic. Do *not* listen at work.

This is legendary!

And ever hear of Lovecraft Mythos Carols? Songs praising our eminent doom from Dread Cthulhu and the Great Old Ones?

Last edited by Joe in PNG; 08-19-2016 at 07:04 PM.

Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

User Tag List