Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Two things I can't stand - Rats and Thieves...A Rant

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    What if the "snitch" gave up the name of your thief and the location of your knives?
    Well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want the property that is rightfully mine and want it returned. Yes, I recognize that snitches are an important part of solving crimes. Don't mistake my disdain for snitching to be the equivalent of a desire to live in a snitch-less world. It's like this, I don't condone snitching or approve of it, but I will tacitly accept that it is an important part of achieving legal justice in many instances. And there are plenty of places where someone will call someone a "snitch" when in fact, they are merely doing the correct thing.

As I said before, if you have to make a deal to keep yourself out of trouble? You're a rat. If you're reporting something you've seen or are aware of? You're a witness. And sometimes there is a fine line, totally willing to accept it on a case-by-case basis. But of course we can say the same for thieves. Maybe the person who stole my package did so, because they intend to resell the contents to buy formula for their premature baby. Does it make it right to steal? No. Would it make one reconsider what is or is not justice? Maybe.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    You are completely insane and I love you.
    Well, all I ask is that everybody doesn't turn into a bunch of bitches.

I will admit that after I wrote that I read it out loud at a totally frenzied pace while my wife just stood there looking at me. When I was done she said "you like words" and served dinner.

I accept the diagnosis of insanity.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    What if the snitches who received the stitches were wearing torn britches? And prior to the stitches, the britches were owned by witches, who received riches in exchange for the britches, but exposure to pitches that collected in ditches had rendered the britches prone to causing itches? And all of the switches between witches and snitches of all of the britches left all of the snitches suffering from itches? Itches so harsh that the snitches got twitches?

Then they might value a bit of tailoring.

Wait, is that what that expression is about? Police bribing informants with offers of clothing repair? Man...that's obscure. I'm amazed it made it into the popular lexicon.
    Pssst: the Chalice at the Palace has the Brew that is True!
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Pssst: the Chalice with the Palace has the Brew that is True!
    /aspie OCD
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    You are completely insane and I love you.
    The fact this thread served two purposes - 1) To make me feel better about being a victim of theft. And 2) That Geordie wrote an entirely insane post in response to a portion of it - makes this thread a complete 100% success.

What if the snitches who received the stitches were wearing torn britches? And prior to the stitches, the britches were owned by witches, who received riches in exchange for the britches, but exposure to pitches that collected in ditches had rendered the britches prone to causing itches? And all of the switches between witches and snitches of all of the britches left all of the snitches suffering from itches? Itches so harsh that the snitches got twitches?

Then they might value a bit of tailoring.

Wait, is that what that expression is about? Police bribing informants with offers of clothing repair? Man...that's obscure. I'm amazed it made it into the popular lexicon.
    You just about had me in stitches.

Well, all I ask is that everybody doesn't turn into a bunch of bitches.

I will admit that after I wrote that I read it out loud at a totally frenzied pace while my wife just stood there looking at me. When I was done she said "you like words" and served dinner.

I accept the diagnosis of insanity.
    Those who dance are considered insane by those who can’t hear the music. – Anon.

That being said, what's the frequency, Kenneth? I want to tune in.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

RevolverRob, I agree, thieves suck, and I hate them. Now, I don't mean to be a dick, but isn't the "I hate rats/snitches" something we left behind in grade school? Why is it anything but good anytime someone gives information about criminal activity? Honor among thieves? In my experience, there's not much, and that's a good thing for us.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 05-09-2016 at 01:48 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Update - My knives were "found". This morning KnifeCenter (who I ordered from) issued a package trace. This afternoon my package was "found" by USPS. It arrived, wrapped in six layers of plastic with a label on it, "Sorry about the damage." - The box had been opened, crushed, and was soaking wet. Fortunately, the contents were still intact. So - I guess I owe an apology to the package thief in my building, who has been stealing packages, but didn't steal mine. - Sorry package thief.

As an FYI an KnifeCenter was very polite and had good customer service during the package loss.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Those who dance are considered insane by those who can’t hear the music. – Anon.

That being said, what's the frequency, Kenneth? I want to tune in.
    I'm not sure if the transmission reaches out of my head, let alone other countries.

Which is probably by design, for everyone's safety.

Glad to hear the knives showed up though! You should totally shank some rat with one in the cafeteria before the screws take them away.

Seriously though, it's great that you actually got them.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

User Tag List