Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Two things I can't stand - Rats and Thieves...A Rant

Two things I can't stand - Rats and Thieves...A Rant

Consider this my pissed off, self-centered, woe is me, rant of the week.

Last week, I ordered some knives for myself and the wife - an inexpensive anniversary gift for us. Well, they were "delivered" today, right into the hands of the thief who has been stealing packages from our mail room for the past two months. I specifically requested that UPS not leave packages. Well...apparently, that doesn't work if UPS decides to transfer your shipment to USPS (who fucking suck). At that point your package gets left and a couple of benjamins worth of blades and trainers gets picked off by some fucking scumbag.

Which brings me to the two things I cannot fucking stand. Thieves - because fuck you - I work for a living and ripping me or anyone else off is wrong. And snitches, because seriously, don't rat people out, that shit is wrong on principle.

Fortunately, for me the building management recently installed security cameras and I have a time-stamp on the package delivery. So, I will be reporting my stolen package to the Postmaster General (maybe it was a good thing UPS transferred it to USPS) who is actively running an investigation into package theft in our building. I am hopeful they find this asshole and lock them up.

The other fortunate thing is, these were productions ordered from a bigger knife distributor, so I should get recompense and new blades. If these had been one-off customs - I would literally being going apartment to apartment in this building right now looking for my gear, because I'm pretty much positive the thief is local.

-Rob

In regards to the thief issue, I completely sympathize, having experienced something similar during my condo days and, in the end, not receiving recompense. I hope you find who he/she is and restitution and punishment is served in full.

Not sure I get the whole snitches/rat part in relation to the rest of the post though.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post

Not sure I get the whole snitches/rat part in relation to the rest of the post though.
    Oh it doesn't have anything else to do with it. Snitches are just the other thing that piss me off like thieves do.

Site Supporter
    And snitches, because seriously, don't rat people out, that shit is wrong on principle.
    Until it's your stuff which was stolen. Cant prosecute cases with out witnesses.

Where do you draw the line between a rat and a witness?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Until it's your stuff which was stolen. Cant prosecute cases with out witnesses.

Where do you draw the line between a rat and a witness?
    If you have to cut a deal with the authority to avoid getting into trouble? You're the rat.

If you see someone do it and report it - that's a witness.

Although, I recognize not everyone thinks of it that way. And shades of gray totally exist.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 05-05-2016 at 10:34 PM.

Any chance you could find a source for one of those exploding bank dye packs and send it to yourself?

Or at least send yourself a box of shit with a return label from Cabelas....

You'd chuckle for months if it never made it.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Any chance you could find a source for one of those exploding bank dye packs and send it to yourself?
    Or coordinate with the local police or postal inspectors and send yourself a Spot locator transmitter. You could then track the package. Youd need to be right on it the day it was delivered.

http://www.findmespot.com/en/index.p...rontpageBanner

Sorry, couldn't resist

I hope you get your stuff back.
    i used to wannabe

Here you go, Rob.

http://www.crime-inc.com/t-shirts/sh...ants-not-drugs

As for thievery, I think Texas has it half right on being able to shoot at thieves after dark.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List