Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Competition holster, belt, and other gear recommendations

+1 for Armiger. I'm actually the owner of the Rebel Alliance holster. Beats the tar out of the Blade-tech DOH that I was using for production. I'm probably going to have him whip something up for my Edge and Shadow 2 when it arrives.

Belt wise CR Speed is the way to go. I have 3 of their standard belts ranging in age from 3 to 10 years old that have held up extremely well. The DAA belt my old single stack rig is on showed more wear after 1 season of shooting than the middle of the 3 CR belts.

Pouch wise CR Speed, Ghost and Safariland are the heat.

Thanks for the nod, Tom. Now I'll nerd out over gamer gear:

The BOSS is legitimately the best USPSA hanger around. I keep them in stock for USPSA guys. If you want a holster that does both games, you'll have to adhere to IDPA rules. Inside of the gun must be no more than 3/4" away from your body, front strap of the grip must be above the belt line, and if the leading edge of the holster is scooped out, no more than 1.75" from the breech face.

Comptac/Bladetech/Safariland are your off the shelf holster options, or there are a few kydex dudes that do game-specific holsters with a plethora of options.

A normal belt will do great for IDPA, but as far as inner/outer belts go, I prefer CR Speed, but DAA belts work just as well. They wont be IDPA legal but are quite convenient for USPSA if you want a dedicated rig. It really depends on what division you want to shoot. If production, you'll want 5-6 mag pouches. Now add the holster and that's a ton of belt threading. If you're gonna shoot Limited, you'll only really need a couple mag pouches, so the belt may be a nonissue for you.

On the subject of mag pouches, there are plenty of options, and it largely depends on what you're looking for in a pouch. For IDPA, I point most people to Readytac / Kytex . I dig how they work, and they're cheap. I'm not above giving credit where it's due. But, really any decent mag pouch will work.
    www.ASkydex.com

User Tag List