Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Competition holster, belt, and other gear recommendations

Competition holster, belt, and other gear recommendations

I'm relatively new to competition and thinking about getting really serious about it. I'm not really sure where to begin as far as gear. The few matches I shot years ago, I just used my ccw rig and had a lot of fun. I just got a JRC SSA for my Glock 17 and really like that and have been thinking about just using that. That being said, I love gear and wanted to start some research on potential options. I'll be shooting a Glock 17 or 19.

Some of the big names use Safariland holsters but for some reason the suede lining just makes me think that it will not be friendly to the gun and in the thread about Sean M.'s search for a 1911 rig other people seemed to experience or think the same thing. Their USPSA kit does look interesting though and Rob Leatham seems to like it. Other major brands seem like Blade-tech, Ben Stoeger (blade-tech?), Double Alpha, seem to be popular. As far as belts, I honestly am lost especially with the underbelts and the overbelts and mounting options.

I'm not familiar with all the rules of USPSA vs. IDPA vs. Steel vs. etc. but hoping to use one set of gear for both if possible. I'm just shooting a Glock 17 or 19 with some grip tape and 3.5 connector. No other mods except for non stock iron sights.

What do you all like and use...and why?
    Last edited by Cool Breeze; 05-04-2016 at 09:55 PM.

Here is an option:

http://benstoegerproshop.com/bsps-bo...daa-belt-deal/

Sent from my iPad
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Here is an option:

http://benstoegerproshop.com/bsps-bo...daa-belt-deal/

Sent from my iPad

This X138562572836!!!

The BOSS is the best thing since sliced bread. And it is sooo nice having your holster and mag ouch In the SAME EXACT spot every time.
    i used to wannabe

Armiger Solutions holster on a Boss hanger.

They're a member here and have been for years.

Think for yourself. Question authority.

If the goal is one set of gear, just buy everything geared towards IDPA which means no inner/outer belt, no dropped/offset holster, etc.

Simple setup would be the belt of your choice, Safariland 5197 holster (dirt cheap and I believe what Vogel uses), and then some Bladetech/Kytex/Safariland,etc mag pouches

Quote Originally Posted by pr1042 View Post
    If the goal is one set of gear, just buy everything geared towards IDPA which means no inner/outer belt, no dropped/offset holster, etc.

Simple setup would be the belt of your choice, Safariland 5197 holster (dirt cheap and I believe what Vogel uses), and then some Bladetech/Kytex/Safariland,etc mag pouches
    Whoops... Would be willing to modify that.... I thought the only difference was placement of gear. Sorry.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Agreed x 1000 with Luke
    Last edited by Cowtown44; 05-04-2016 at 11:02 PM.

I just received the Double Alpha Pro belt the other day and am pretty impressed with it so far. It is much stiffer than my current every day and competition belt I have been using (Wilderness Frequent Flyer), and worked well for some dry fire practice with my Comp-Tac International set up on it.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

If your looking to do both IDPA and USPSA with one set of gear get yourself a Wilderness belt and Bladetech holster and mag pouches.

User Tag List