• Glock 26

6 8.00%
  • Beretta 92 Centurion

8 10.67%
  • Walther PPS

1 1.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me pick my training gun

I went Glock 19 because when God carries concealed, he carries a G19...

But on a serious note, my thought is that if you can master the Glock trigger, you can master anything (I thought about the DA/SA P2000 for the same argument, but I struggle more with the G19 trigger than DA/SA guns)

Overall I think it will help you grow the most as a shooter, and the 19 is so ubiquitous and offers so many benefits that it's a great platform to know.

warpedcamshaft is right, though...chicks dig Berettas (almost as much as they dig holster wear).

Quote Originally Posted by jck397 View Post

warpedcamshaft is right, though...chicks dig Berettas (almost as much as they dig holster wear).
    Well then I better not carry the Beretta cause it is well worn the wife would shoot me with it.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Are you limited to 10rd magazines where you live or not? I voted Glock 19 because I assumed you could get 15 round mags. If so, my vote stays the same. If not, I'd probably vote for one of the HKs (Any, pick one)

I went with the P2000 v3. P2000 because of size and v3 because I feel so much can be learnd on DA/SA guns. The P2000 v1 has a much too light reset IMO. Easy fix though.
    Taking a break from social media.

I carry a Beretta and you should too.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

If you're limiting yourself to one model and it gets hot where you live, I would choose the Glock 26/27. It's a very shootable gun and is reasonably easy to conceal. If not one model but one type of gun, I would choose a Glock 17 or 19 and a Glock 26. If you need more accuracy, you can put money into a new barrel. They're reliable, relatively inexpensive with a huge aftermarket. I believe TLG once wrote that a Glock 17 paired with a 26 covers pretty much any situation.

I like HK for everything HK offers, but if you're running TDA there are certainly better triggers out there like Sig for instance. Never shot LEM so I don't really have an opinion on it.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If fun is what you are after, I would go with the PPS M2, shoot Limited 10 Minor from concealment, and start a training journal on Doodie.
    That was funny, and few will get it, lol.

It's more rewarding when you can use a Glock 26 like a rockstar.

I prefer the 26 now that I have a lot of trigger time with it.. Even if I didn't, the work would translate to the 19.

I like where this is headed I'm really looking forward to starting this although I was figuring there would be a lot more HK fan boys here. So far the 19 is by far the most popular choice which really doesn't suprize me just was thinking things would be a little closer. We'll have to see how things shake out there's still plenty of time left.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I carry a Beretta and you should too.
    Reminds me of this: Bill Clinton always chose somebody else and you should too...

User Tag List