Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gp100 Match Champion question

Gp100 Match Champion question

Looking to get into a full size .357 and the GP100 MC looks like the ticket. Should one be looking at the adjustable rear site or the fixed novak? I am mostly concerned about different POA/POI with various loads vs durability of the sight. Thanks and appreciate any assistance!

Quote Originally Posted by chiral View Post
    Looking to get into a full size .357 and the GP100 MC looks like the ticket. Should one be looking at the adjustable rear site or the fixed novak? I am mostly concerned about different POA/POI with various loads vs durability of the sight. Thanks and appreciate any assistance!
    1. Novak is allegedly releasing an adjustable version of the rear sight that was used on the MC and WC models.

2. Seriously look the gun over. Last one I handed at the LGS had a canted barrel.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Mine is shoots 2" high at 25 yards with Federal .357 125s.
    Wadcutters shoot very low, .38 135+P gold dots are close to point of aim.
    Mine has fixed sights.
    Disappointing to hear Rugers's QC/QA isn't up to par.
    Shumba

Novak told me over a year ago they were going to make adjustable sights and they havent yet as far as I know. I loved the gun, but POI was a challenge. Ended up selling it. Not a huge fan of the typical revolvet adjustable sights. If Novak releases theirs I would be in the market for an MC again.
    The opinions above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Does Bowen Classic Arms make any sights to fit ?

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Does Bowen Classic Arms make any sights to fit ?
    The Bowen Rough Country fits Ruger adjustable rear sight cuts. Back ordered. ☹️
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I have the fixed sight version, but would definitely go with the adjustable sight version (not available at the time I got mine). In addition to the added versatility with different loads, there is another benefit, which may be more theoretical than practical, but if you can have a theoretical pro and no con, why not.

Notice the frame on the fixed sight version loses some steel where the Novak rear sight is cut into the frame. I like the fact there is a little extra steel there if something were to go wrong with the adjustable sight version. But I'm a little OCD about things like that.

Thanks for the input all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just put the new adjustable Novak rear on my Match Champion a week ago. I use it for IDPA and couldn't get poi/poa to mesh. It's now GTG. I ordered directly from Novak.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by coconutdave View Post
    I just put the new adjustable Novak rear on my Match Champion a week ago. I use it for IDPA and couldn't get poi/poa to mesh. It's now GTG. I ordered directly from Novak.

Dave
    Pics!
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List