Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dan Wesson Custom Shop CCO

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Magwell on a CCO? That's kinda jazzy...
    I want to use this in IDPA so it made sense, plus I hate the look of mags sticking out the bottom, and for carry it's still shorter than a full-size grip.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    That's hot. What's their pricing like?
    Very reasonable! It cost me several hundred less than a Les Baer and was built to my exact requests. In my opinion it's the best value I could have bought.
    Last edited by Sterling Archer; 05-02-2016 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

I want to use this in IDPA so it made sense, plus I hate the look of mags sticking out the bottom, and for carry it's still shorter than a full-size grip.

Very reasonable! It cost me several hundred less than a Les Baer and was built to my exact requests. In my opinion it's the best value I could have bought.
    I sent them a round-butt Wilson Combat magwell to put on the one they're building me now. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Your's is only the second steel frame CCO I've seen them build. That wasn't an option in the past.

That's a very business like looking gun. I've heard nothing but good stuff about their 1911's.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Your's is only the second steel frame CCO I've seen them build. That wasn't an option in the past.
    I didn't even know it was an option until Keith brought it up during or email exchange. I don't own very many guns, preferring to spend my money on training and ammo, so I wanted this to fulfill as many roles as possible from carry, range, and competition. Since it is going to be a shooter and the steel frame is only around 6 ounces heavier I thought it would be a good move.

I'm kicking around ordering a 9mm CCO with aluminum frame, so please let me know how yours turns out!

Just cleaned her up.

A polished feed-ramp makes me fill warm and fuzzy inside.

Gorgeous!

Just finished giving it my patent pending front sight treatment! Now she's ready to rock. Please excuse the picture, the front sight is a serious pain in the ass to photograph plus I'm using a cell camera.

I've been fantasizing about getting a Dan Wesson 1911 for years. Congratulations on having yours.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Magwell on a CCO? That's kinda jazzy...

I am interested. Nice looking gun!
    Yeah, I've got a S&A magwell on my ROC (officer frame, 4" barrel). The extra 1/4" makes it Glock 19-like in size. 9mm in an aluminum 1911 is still very shootable.

http://postimg.org/image/eb7gjxi0x/ (don't want to seem offtopic, but since OP mentioned a CCO-type in aluminum and 9mm...)

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Yeah, I've got a S&A magwell on my ROC (officer frame, 4" barrel). The extra 1/4" makes it Glock 19-like in size. 9mm in an aluminum 1911 is still very shootable.

http://postimg.org/image/eb7gjxi0x/ (don't want to seem offtopic, but since OP mentioned a CCO-type in aluminum and 9mm...)
    Sweet looking pistol!

User Tag List