Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Direct Rifle Muzzle Blast Forward

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    That is a good question - I do not know. I have two 6.5 Grendel AR rifles. 1) one set up for competition type shooting and it is heavy and has a WCI brake - this rifle is a dream to shoot with minimal recoil but the WCI brake is loud. 2) one set up "light" for a hunting AR - this rifle is a dream to carry but has more recoil that the "target" 6.5G rifle but much quieter. There are a number of threads on the BRT "linear comp" on the 6.8Forum - I bought my first one for a 6.8 upper when I was looking for a "quiet" compensator.
    Thanks. Anyone who has multiple 6.5G is good by me:-) If you decide to do any comparisons, please keep us updated. I have a TBAC break attach on my 6.5G, and am thinking of removing it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Primarily concerned with noise. Is there a (no permit or stamp required) muzzle device that truly directs rifle muzzle blast forward?
    Clamps on to A2's

http://www.griffinarmament.com/Griff...d-p/gaqdbs.htm

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Is it quieter than a bare barrel?
    It wouldn't be quieter, but it would direct the muzzle blast a little farther away from the shooter, which might make it seem a little quieter.

If you light up a gun with a linear comp or blast shield or whatever in an enclosed space and it's still going rattle your teeth. It's more of a range item IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    It wouldn't be quieter, but it would direct the muzzle blast a little farther away from the shooter, which might make it seem a little quieter.

If you light up a gun with a linear comp or blast shield or whatever in an enclosed space and it's still going rattle your teeth. It's more of a range item IMO.
    I tried a linear comp and there is a noticeable difference Outside. It's more of a reduction in felt muzzle blast, I don't feel it as much, but it AINT quiet.
    Works OK for what it is. If you want quiet, Subsonic with a can, but you really can't do that with 556.

User Tag List