Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Off to Europe to shoot some matches

Saw the indoor Archangel Michael shooting range today and the museum that it houses. Wow. I took almost 300 photos in the museum, unreal stuff
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Some video from right now

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Dude that swinging hidden plate deal... Insane!!

Those bays are beautiful, hard to believe that's a shooting range.

It looks like there is more stages behind that stage, how does that work?
    i used to wannabe

Either we shoot both stages back to back, or they split the squad. Yesterday we did the split squad method and today on the few doubled up stages, we just shot both back to back. Thankfully there was none of this, hot range nonsense where you reload when done your stage and take a hot gun to the next one. I hate that way of doing things.
    This morning we shot 8 stages in 2.5hrs, was pretty freakin awesome, but didn't get any footage with my phone as we were all just too slammed. Had some great runs, picked up another penalty target, and I think clean otherwise. My brain is mush right now.
    Easily the most professional match I've ever seen. Fully catered with catering tents outside each complex of ranges. People are calling this a Level 6 as it blows any Level 4 or 5 (5 being world shoot) out of the water.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

sitting in Frankfurt now, what a week. To say the team in Yek set the bar for all future matches anywhere on the planet would be an understatement. Then they did the awards ceremony. Holy crap. I know they spent a fortune, and that they didn't recover anything from the entry fees (15 euros), and they have huge money backing them, but still, holy crap. it was amazing, and as silly as it sounds, having the lead singer of A-HA be the opening act after the awards, was outstanding, then followed up with a band I'd never heard of, Secret Service, but the Europeans obviously did, especially the Russians, and man did they get the crowd going. Level 6 would be a good description. If you can figure out a way to get to Yekaterinburg next year for this match, do it. It's worth the travel. And going to the museum at the indoor range, oh man, gun people will faint.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

hit the Canadian nationals this past week, and sucked. I mean really sucked. Not sure why I fell apart, but outside of one stage win and a couple decentish runs, I sucked. taking 15 misses just kills a score. 5 on one stage alone, 6 targets, 3 at 5m, 3 at 50m, through a prone port. Not having had a chance to zero Maria's gun with my ammo (no test range) meant I had no idea where to hold with 147gr bullets vs her 124s. 5 misses later I learned where not to hold lol.
    On top of that we had a number of CROs who were absolutely horrid, bullies and ego maniacs, as well as an RM that was worse. Stage were also not up to what the guys did the last time they held the nationals, nor were they up to what I expect a nationals to have. The prize table however was outstanding as was the closing dinner and awards ceremony. $45,000 in guns and prizes on the table, that is unheard of in this sport in Canada.
    my one stage win, unloaded gun, 3 mini targets in front on the right and 3 mini targets down and to the left.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Best run from Rooster Mountain 2016 in Hillerod, Denmark. This is one of single best matches I have ever attended. My buddy Claus is a stage design genius. Friggin awesome stages. Thought I'd snagged a win, but Michal Stepan beat me with his 5.10 second run with all Alphas, I yanked a Charlie on a static target in 4.99 seconds.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Awesome shooting! Keep the videos coming!
    i used to wannabe

best video first,

now some stage videos. A wee little bragging, I am really happy with how I shot 85% of Robin for a 7th place finish, and I absolutely nailed some stuff I'd been working on, most especially the swingers, every single one had double alphas on it, the ones I'm really happy with are the ones (and I think there is only one video of it right now) where the target is exposed in two places during its swing, once to the side of hardcover and once above hardcover, and I successfully engaged it in both places during one pass. I first saw shooters do that at World Shoot Greece and is just one of those things I'd probably have never tried if I'd never seen it.
    The range we were at was the site of the 1980's Olympics Shooting, Mytischi, it's a bit worn down, but still a phenomenal facility. Sadly it's probably going to vanish as developers have built high rises around it and the people are bitching.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Awesome shooting man. Congratulations on the sweet finish and hitting what you've been working on!!!!
    i used to wannabe

User Tag List