Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Off to Europe to shoot some matches

Last match this tour in the books. Ukraine Handgun Open 2016. Still didn't get my guns back like I'd hoped, so I'll have to come back again. Joy lol. Shot reasonably well, with another borrowed gun, and boy was it a lot different than any of the others I've borrowed. A CZ Shadow, with the regular trigger (which physically hurts my finger due to the shape), at least a 15lb hammer spring and the 15lb recoil spring. The old style sights, one rubber grip (right side) and aluminum on the left. Mags wouldn't eject properly due to the rubber grip and the new CZ mags I use being slightly thicker, so I had to rip, and then reload. All that said, 89% of the match winner for 4th. Ifa, Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda. sigh. Vids up in a few days when I get home.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

been home for a couple weeks now, took 2nd at our Provincial Championships. had my first ever jam with my backup backup gun (other guns still in Ukraine after all), which cost me a stage, then had a brain jam on another and that was the final nail in the coffin for first place. Had a few good runs, a couple that smoked even Open guys on long courses. But should have done much better, and didn't, still need to lose more weight and move faster. arrrgggg. Heading in 4 days for RDA challenge in Slovakia and then European Handgun Championship in Hungary. Should be fun.

Best stage of the match, but I still watch it and think I could have gone so much faster

Last edited by Slavex; 09-16-2016 at 05:11 AM.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Awesome videos and congrats on 2nd!!

Looking back if you could do it again would you run back and tag that Steele on 3 again?
    i used to wannabe

If you need any Hungarian phrases... lemme know.

running back for that steel probably was the wrong choice, but I never, ever make the "right" choice in that case. I always want my steel down. It's just one side of gaming I have a problem with. If I know I hit the steel good, I might risk a calibration call, but when I'm not sure if I hit it, or one in front, I'll waste time to go back and get it. I don't know why, it's stupid, and worth less points to do it, but I always do

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Could you tell us more about the status of your guns in Ukraine?

Living in NYC I am sorta fascinated by these arbitrary government rules.

I mean it is obvious you are not from their country and were in town for a match so it is hard to believe it is anything other than a mistake and you are GONE so you are not a threat to them.

I Wonder how much blood they will try to squeeze from this stone.

actually the Ukraine was kind of following the rules when they snagged me and my guns. I was on my way to Lithuania for a match and we landed after my connecting flight took off. I had to go through passport control to get upstairs to get a new flight and after talking directly to customs was told it was no problem, and to take my bags out through the green zone. This was after telling the customs officer repeatedly, that I had guns, no permits for them, and I knew that they were very strict about guns coming into Ukraine. Then, when going the way she directed me to go, I was intercepted by another officer who scanned my bags and had a small meltdown over the guns and ammo I'd also told him were in the bags. Eventually when he confronted the other officer about telling me to go out that way (which she initially confirmed to doing), the officer changed their story basically after figuring out, it was either me or her that was in shit.
    Current status of the guns is, I dunno. They are still in the hands of the experts to determine if they are really guns or not.....no, I am not kidding

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

sorry haven't updated for a bit. In Hungary right now shooting the European Handgun Championship. Today was an ok day, nothing great. best part was my last stage, last target, last shot. PT Miss. yeah F you flinch. like seriously, a flinch? what, am I 10 and my brother is throwing punches again? gdamn. and I stood there, staring at the miss for like 10 seconds before unloading. arrrrrrrrrggggggg.
    Slovakia last week was fun, but no video, left the lens cap on my GoPro for most of the stages, it does sound good though lol.
    Glad I have Tuesday off for the match, record rain falling right now in Eger, and today when I got to the range I walked maybe 500ft and my shoes were 5 times bigger and heavier thanks to the mud. Luckily by the time I actually had to shoot in the afternoon it had dried up pretty good, and the shooting areas were in great shape.
    More as it happens.

Oh, and Hungarian women, wow, wow, wowwww

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    Oh, and Hungarian women, wow, wow, wowwww
    Since my old lady doesn't read this forum: I love going home. The girls, the food, the wine... Hungary is a nice place.

I was SO miffed that I didn't even know that the EHC was going to be in Hungary... Lol.

Have fun, don't massacre the language, and enjoy some good eats!

User Tag List