Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Off to Europe to shoot some matches

Now in Tolgiatti (which is in Samara)
    Staying at the range in a beautiful little hotel. Room is quite nice, proper sized bed (not like most of Europe and their single beds). There is a phenomenonal restaurant on the range as well about 100m from my room. Had great bbq last night. There is a full spa and swimming pool in the hotel main building as well.
    We are doing to wrong in Canada...
    Directly outside my room is a trap/skeet range over a 70m deep pit. Thankfully they aren't shooting during this match, I slept 12hrs last night.
    Here is a pic of the shoot house stage being built as well as a panoramic of the 14 bays, there are 8 more bays over by my hotel as well.
    Name:  20160504_133500.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  98.6 KB

Name:  togliatti.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  20.5 KB
    Last edited by Slavex; 05-04-2016 at 08:35 AM.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Sounds amazing!

I can't see the picture though not sure if it's just me or not. But keep them coming! I love seeing other places!
    i used to wannabe

pic fixed

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

They did not cover drinking Cognac at the range while the RO's do their prematch in my ipsc training course. This is hard work
    Last edited by Slavex; 05-05-2016 at 06:38 AM.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Had to post this, went into the indoor range and saw this on the wall. Todd's influence was globe reaching.
    Name:  20160505_193431.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  50.8 KB

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

More pictures!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Here is an overhead shot they have posted on their bulletin board

Name:  20160505_113946.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  90.2 KB

Went out atv'ing in the forest around the range, just like back home there are idiots that dump garbage. These guys are trying to get that land from the city and if they do they will do even more of a cleanup. They've already done a ton of work, but people still drums crap. Mostly tires, which the range can and do use.
    Name:  20160505_162054.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  46.7 KB

Cool banner from a match
    Name:  20160505_193509.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  59.8 KB
    Last edited by Slavex; 05-05-2016 at 04:15 PM.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

slowly uploading video to my computer to edit, then will post youtube links. All i can say is, Wow, what a match. I finished with 23 rounds left of my 500, match was 430, so a few, ahem, makeup shots. One brain fade on the last stage, somehow the mag I started with had only 11 rounds in it instead of 16. no idea how that happened, and one good wipeout on the first day. Stupid shoes I was wearing are two sized too big to fit my big ass feet for width (Speedcross "tactical") and on one stage the sand was a bit soft and I had my toe dig in, most likely really it was my fault and not lifting my foot enough, end result, a bit of flailing and then falling on my face, driving the gun, muzzle first, into the sand, got up, shook the gun out and finished the stage. Did a quick tear down and lubed it and wiped it out, finished the day, then spent an hour detail strippiing it and cleaning it. yes, an hour, that's more than I spend cleaning all my guns in a year. frick.
    Had some decent runs, some not so decent, but had a blast regardless. great squad of guys, will definitely be back next year.
    Can't say enough about how awesome it is to have a hotel, restaurant/bar and spa on site. It is so nice to just walk off the range and shower and then hit the restaurant and hang out with all the other shooters. the Russian hospitality is second to none.
    Oh, and the Russian women, goddamn, goddamn
    Last edited by Slavex; 05-08-2016 at 08:01 AM.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    Oh, and the Russian women, goddamn, goddamn

Ummmm….pics please.

Is the banner in the last picture a match promo? Love the Trooper based Riggs design!

gotta be careful with the women pics lol, never know who's wife or girlfriend it might be lol

The Iron Maiden style poster was for a match a couple years ago, but it ended up not being used as the head honchos at the time didn't like the design. So Andrey kept it for himself at the range.
    editing videos now
    wish we could post more pics in a single post as I could post all the stages in one go.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

User Tag List