Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Off to Europe to shoot some matches

Off to Europe to shoot some matches

So, Monday the trip starts with a flight to Samara, Russia for the Storm the Citadel match in Togliatti, followed up by participating in the Victory day celebration on May 9th. That should be fun.
    Then it's over the Infinity match in Phillipsburg and for every 14 weeks after that another match in another country, including a single trip home to shootin Halifax, before heading back over again to finish the trip off (there is a pun there actually). I will try my best to post some pics and maybe videos if I can get some decent upload speeds. I will also report on matches as best as I can. Countries on the list, Russia, Germany, Slovenia, Slovakia, Estonia, Czech, Denmark, Norway, Hungary, Lithuania, Undecided, Russia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Russia, Undecided, home. Should be fun, I hope.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Wow. Extremely jealous. How does the logistics of bringing a gun into these countries work out?

That's awesome man. I hope one day to be good enough to do stuff like that! Looking forward to pics and videos!
    i used to wannabe

I have a binder full of paperwork for Russia, Slovakia, Lithuania, Estonia etc etc etc etc. some countries are easy, others, not so much.
    I certainly wouldn't say talent is the reason I'm going lol, I'm a decent shooter and have some sponsors (who I am extremely thankful for), but honestly it's because I happen to be lucky enough to do it now. If you have the time and money get out and experience some matches outside your home, the further away the better in my opinion as you get to see and experience so many amazing things. Don't worry about how good you are, that doesn't matter. Hit a major match anywhere you'd like to go and have fun.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

I. Hate. You.

damn...

Oh, and shoot straight

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Oh, and shoot straight
    What?

If you can "curve the bullets"!

Last edited by nycnoob; 05-02-2016 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycnoob View Post
    What?

If you can "curve the bullets"!

He's not that good... Maria Guschina, on the other hand...

Actually, on second thought, things stand up straight for her...

Took me a minute to get that lol, and yes

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

So, that was fun. Got to the airport and checked email to find out that someone had flown in from Samara with the correct papers for me and that I had to wait for him to claim my bags. But the airport staff had other ideas. My pelican cases clearly matched my carry on and they insisted I take them. Luckily the customs guys were great to deal with and after a bit I was in Moscow officially. Sadly I managed to fuck up the check in process and send my ammo down with my bags, when it should have gone with the guns, out of the bags. So they had to get my bags back and remove the ammo. We then went into a secure area to hand off the guns and ammo. See pics below for the awesome clearing station in that room. And finally hit the gate.
    Name:  20160503_182909.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  22.1 KB
    Name:  20160503_182947.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  31.5 KB

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

User Tag List