Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Agent

Site Supporter

Colt Agent

My latest accumulation. Made in 1958. Looks to be carried lot which got the finish messed up. Then a previous owner messed it up more by buffing it out. The only good thing about that is it made the price fit my budget.

So I gave it a good cleaning, painted the front sight orange, test fired it with wadcutters that are poa/poi and got a extra hammer coming to bob so I can drop it in a pocket or carry iwb.

Something this old agent is probably use to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I dig it.

I'll give you a nickel for it before it gets you killed in the street.

Good find. One day… ONE day… I'll stumble across one.

If its mechanically solid, SS, methinks its worth a trip to Birdsong's…

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post

I agree. Colt revolvers are really going up in price but if you were able to pick this one up inexpensively and it is M handicaps good, then it is worth protecting.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I dig it.

I'll give you a nickel for it before it gets you killed in the street.
    You can't be a REAL secret agent without a.....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post

Yeah years of crud in inside it but mechanics were good just slight carry up problem that hand stretching fixed. I think this one definitely needs a trip to birdsong. Even after all the shipping, purchase price, extra hammer and black-t finish the total price will be under what the "nice" looking ones are going for on the online auctions.

Site Supporter
    I sold an agent and a cobra because I figured if it broke I wouldn't be able to get them fixed. It boogles my mind that Colt can't make a modern version. If Crimson trace made a polmer boot grip for a new production agent I would be carrying it everyday in my pocket in a Kramer pocket holster right now

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I sold an agent and a cobra because I figured if it broke I wouldn't be able to get them fixed. It boogles my mind that Colt can't make a modern version. If Crimson trace made a polmer boot grip for a new production agent I would be carrying it everyday in my pocket in a Kramer pocket holster right now
    Add me to the list of people who would like to see Crimson Trace produce a LaserGrip for the Colt D frames.

Another thread on this forum is following the hypothesis that we need to have revolvers on hand in case semiautos are banned. While I think our efforts are better directed towards making sure such a ban never happens, if I had to go back to revolvers, a Colt D frame would be one of my top choices. The most important improvement I would want is the sights, and this would be the simplest way to do so.

My 1990's Detective Special shoots about 13" high at 25 yards when I can see the sights, which is less often than not. I have thought about cutting off the existing front sight and replacing it with a dovetail-secured sight for a semiauto with a tritium insert, if such a sight could be found in the correct height (about 0.05 inches taller than the current front sight based on geometric calculations) and width. If I could live without the tritium, sight blanks can be found that could be sized and shaped correctly. Still, it would be a time-consuming project.
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 05-01-2016 at 02:36 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Colt can, but they probably wouldn't be price competitive with the LCR, S&W offerings, etc. and remain true to the originals. Also keep in mind a lot of the desire for Colt revolvers is now driven by scarcity.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Colt can, but they probably wouldn't be price competitive with the LCR, S&W offerings, etc. and remain true to the originals. Also keep in mind a lot of the desire for Colt revolvers is now driven by scarcity.
    Perhaps remaining true to the originals is not a 100% desirable goal. My understanding is that part of the popularity of the Ruger GP100 and LCR is based on an improved (GP100) or re-engineered (LCR) trigger system that results in an improved trigger pull. Perhaps forward thinking rather than retro thinking is the way to go.

User Tag List