Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me with suppressor choice for mk18 upper

My 10.5 is a LMT.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yes. Muzzle device selection is as important as the suppressor. In my experience, inconsistent POI shift is usually due to a bad QD mount. For example, the AAC 18t was especially crappy, and the 51t isn't 100% either.

I'm quite happy with SF, but there are other solid, reliable systems as well.
    I think the barrel itself, or maybe the barrel and upper as a whole, is what matters. I had a 10.5" from Noveske that gave me an 8MOA POI shift with my SF can. The SAME CAN on another rifle gave 2-4MOA depending on ammo used. So, I threw the can and Noveske upper in a box, and shipped it off to Surefire. They shot my can A TON on all sorts of rifles at Surefire, and they tried every mount they had (variation thereof, FH, MB, etc.) on my Noveske upper with both my can, and other cans. Same massive POI shift. They pin-gauged it. It was okay. They did all sorts of things to figure out WTF. Never could figure it out.

So when someone says "X can has X shift", I take it as only meaningful for THAT WEAPON/CAN AS A SYSTEM.

That said, I really like the various warcomps that Surefire has, and the closed-tine warcomp is sex! The SOCOM cans endured the most grueling military suppressor trial in history, and together, those things are part of what sold me on the SF system. If I were going below 12.5", I would get a full-size socom. If I were going 12.5, I would go full-size, or mini, I'm not sure. Above 12.5", I would most definitely go SF mini SOCOM. Either Warcomp works, but I like the CT design as it's lighter, and doesn't ring, and the porting is left/right neutral (the regular WC is biased).
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 07-29-2016 at 07:14 AM.

User Tag List