Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me with suppressor choice for mk18 upper

Help me with suppressor choice for mk18 upper

I have a mk18 upper with A2 flash hider on it and I am finally getting around to changing mounts. Kids are starting to sleep some.

I have 3 mount options for this mk18 upper,

Dead Air Sandman-S I have a 5.56 flash hider, I bought two the other is on my PWS Mk107. (7.75 inch barrel) (does getting the 556 endcap really work better, I don't know but the Sandman is going to be 5.56 for a long time with me, it might be an investment.

Silencer Co SpecWar K I have one at home and another pending. I love that little can with a ASR Flash Hider, my Hybrid should be aporoved next month as well.

Or the old Standby the Gemtech G5 I have used since 2009/2010. I have some 16 inch guns I want to replace flash hiders to use my SpecWar K with. Its just the SpecwarK is 5 ozs lighter but will have extra mounts for the G5. Some no longer produces like the PWS FSC Gemtech device and Jake Brake.

My homegun right now is a LWRCi M6A2 10.5 with Gemtech mount but I am thinking of switching that to a Dead Air or SiCo to save weight. The Peq-15 and scout light and short stroke piston add weight.

I have a g5t with the Gemtech 556 SBC on my 10.3 barreled SBR and I gata say, it's quite and very controllable.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I have a g5t with the Gemtech 556 SBC on my 10.3 barreled SBR and I gata say, it's quite and very controllable.
    No issues with inconsistent zero shift? I'm getting ready to dive into NFA and my suppressor research hasn't been favorable toward Gemtech.

minimal on my gemtech G5 on m4 and standard barrels. It is more on my pencil barrels. Part of the reason why I got the specwarK at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    No issues with inconsistent zero shift? I'm getting ready to dive into NFA and my suppressor research hasn't been favorable toward Gemtech.
    I've yet to see it, though I know it exists...

I run a 100m zero on my 10.3 barreled suppressed sbr and even with an MRO it's pretty damn accurate, zero stays consistent.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Interesting. I'm leaning heavily toward SureFire, more on account of muzzle device selection than anything else, but they're tough to find for sale compared to GT. The search continues...

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Interesting. I'm leaning heavily toward SureFire, more on account of muzzle device selection than anything else, but they're tough to find for sale compared to GT. The search continues...
    Yes. Muzzle device selection is as important as the suppressor. In my experience, inconsistent POI shift is usually due to a bad QD mount. For example, the AAC 18t was especially crappy, and the 51t isn't 100% either.

I'm quite happy with SF, but there are other solid, reliable systems as well.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Who made your MK18 upper? Is it a 10.3" or 10.5"? My Noveske 10.5" MK18 was way overgassed and would not run suppressed reliably, which was disappointing as I very much like the MK18 configuration.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Who made your MK18 upper? Is it a 10.3" or 10.5"? My Noveske 10.5" MK18 was way overgassed and would not run suppressed reliably, which was disappointing as I very much like the MK18 configuration.
    I know this wasn't directed at me, but my Mk18 upper is an LMT and it runs great suppressed and unsuppressed with 5.56 ammo. (It doesn't run well with PMC .223 puppy loads).
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I have a 10.5" Noveske CL with SLR adjustable GB, and I'm loving the Surefire SOCOM RC2 on a Warcomp, which is a phenominal flashhider and very effective yet non-blasty compensator. Zero complaints.

User Tag List