Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What AR Trigger

I run both of the alg defense triggers, my favorite of the two is the act.

http://algdefense.com/alg-combat-trigger-act.html

It is pretty smooth with a 4.6lbs pull off my Lyman trigger pull gauge and worth the $69.00.
    Reset is not super short and does not give me the "OH Crap that light" uneasy feeling. I use this trigger in my 308 AR.

I have the QMS in my 300blk build and it is very serviceable. It is not as smooth as the ACT, but better then a stock colt 6920 trigger/milspec. My QMS on the Lyman trigger guage is 5.8lbs.

That's my data, you can flush it down the swirly bowl if it's not needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JM Campbell; 04-30-2016 at 07:58 AM.
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    Also check out the Bravo Company PRT trigger.

I am running LWRCi and QMS triggers in my rifles tight now but I like the CMC Flat 3.5 trigger I have been running in my Colt. What is the issue? Just weight or feel of the flat trigger?
    I love the feel but the light weight in a single stage is getting me. I guess Im used to a light 2 stage or a heavier single stage.

I'm really considering the QMS now.

The SSA and cheaper but identical G2S are awesome triggers.

I spent years putting off getting a nice trigger for my rifle. I had a well worn colt GI trigger that was just "fine". Not heavy, a little creepy, but for typical 3 position slung shooting it didn't bother me. When I started shooting intermediate range practical rifle matches(200-500 yards) I got the itch for a better trigger that would be more forgiving in less than optimal positions.

The G2S feels identical to the SSA but assembles slightly differently. I've been really happy with it so far. It also doubles as an excellent hunting trigger. I appreciate being able to prep the trigger as I wait for the ideal moment to break the shot- especially when you have a narrow window of time to shoot through the brush.

I'd wait till memorial day and look for sales at Primary Arms/DSG/Rainier etc.

I recently picked up one of the Larue triggers for my wife's AR
    http://www.larue.com/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger

I did the long wait, about 6 weeks, and paid the $125. I find it to be a good all around two stage trigger that has a clean 4.5 pound break. I'm probably going to put one in my "all around" AR
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Not much to add to all the good info here. SSA/E is my favorite trigger. The G2S is very good for the $.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

The SSA-E is also my favorite trigger. I shoot a 5.5# GLOCK trigger and prefer my DA/SA triggers to be around 12/5. But, I really like the SSA-E. I don't perceive it to be as light as it actually is. If you can't decide, I would really just go with an SSA if you can afford it. It's the gold standard.

Site Supporter
    Supposedly the G2S is essentially an SSA but uses different pins and I skips some of the QC process like Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) of every part ( the do spot/ batch tests). Good expanation of the differences between e SSA and G2S here:

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=3078

I have one SSA in a .308 and two of the ACT triggers in 5.56 guns. For most applications, the ACT does everything you need.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-01-2016 at 01:54 AM.

Bill Geissele is a meticulous master machinist and service rifle competitor.
    He and Amy are salt of the earth people.
    I have five of their triggers: 3 SSA, 1 SSA E, and 1 service rifle.
    The SSAs are in Colt and LMT 5.56, the SSA E in an SPR copy.
    The SSA is a variant of a trigger they make for SOCOM.
    The pins are very slightly thicker than spec and slop is eliminated. Quality is superb.
    ALG defense is made by Bill.
    Any of their triggers work very well, but the ACT is a big improvement over stock and a bargain.
    Shumba

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    I recently picked up one of the Larue triggers for my wife's AR
    http://www.larue.com/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger

I did the long wait, about 6 weeks, and paid the $125. I find it to be a good all around two stage trigger that has a clean 4.5 pound break. I'm probably going to put one in my "all around" AR
    I have one as well. I think that these are going to hit Geissele hard because of their price point and quality. I can't afford Geissele's prices and really am not picky with regards to triggers anyway.
    #RESIST

User Tag List