Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Next?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    This is a good post.

I have been wondering awhile ago if H&K has seen any change in sales of P30 and HK45 before and after Todd's tests; granted that overall volume of sales and availability of these two models may impact any statistical inferences.

RE Glock 19: I don't mean to stir anything, and I know a number of members here and elsewhere have had theirs run well, and there has been noise that overall late-production Gen 4s are running, but am I alone who feels that the fact that Glock has had Todd's G19 for some time, trying to figure WTF, obviates a need for a "torture" test?
    I think it's safe to say that Todd has sold more pistols in the US than HK marketing has. Someone once told me "those 'dudes' couldn't sell sex for free." Or something like that.
    Last edited by Steven C.; 03-03-2011 at 01:33 AM. Reason: 'in' needed before the

Three weeks ago if you told me I'd be considering a P30, I woulda said "glock or m&p, maaaaaybe a 1911"

meanwhile, in the last couple of months...

Quote Originally Posted by Chipster View Post
    Personally, I hope he does a quality (Baer, Sprinfield Pro, Nighthawk, etc....) 1911 for his next test. Let us find out who the clear victor is now.
    That would be pretty sweet but I think he (Todd) said on pistol-training.com after the HK45 run ended he wasn't going to do another 45.

" I am not doing another .45 any time soon. By “any time soon” I mean “ever.” "

By ToddG on Dec 16, 2010

But if we can dream then I'd want to see a GP100 and the bill for the ammo. I already asked him about the odds of ever doing a revolver and got a "no".
    Last edited by David; 03-03-2011 at 03:29 AM. Reason: misspelling

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I already asked him about the odds of ever doing a revolver and got a "no".
    Todd is usually very clear about whether something lies within his area of specialty, or not.

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...full=1#post459

I wonder if we will see the next test subject in this weekend's AFHF class. I do know that one of the students works for a major manufacturer. Is that a coincidence? Only time will tell but I'm looking forward to seeing what's next.

Maybe it will be an FN Five-Seven.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by TAP View Post
    I wonder if we will see the next test subject in this weekend's AFHF class.
    I'm not even shooting my own gun this weekend. I'm flying into town Friday, driving up to Glock, and borrowing a Gen4 G17 for the class. Should be interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I'm not even shooting my own gun this weekend. I'm flying into town Friday, driving up to Glock, and borrowing a Gen4 G17 for the class. Should be interesting...
    Make sure it has the maritime spring cups installed...LOL...looks like we may need it this weekend. I can loan you a snorkel and some inflatable arm floaties.

Random question I suppose, but...

why all the hate for the XDs? Several posters mentioned that they'd be excited to see an XD fail this kind of torture test.

Why?

Is it simply to justify preconceptions about a certain brand, or have these folks put 1000s of rounds through XDs and would like to see how a test's results compared to their own?

Pistol-training had some articles similar to this (trust no one and keep an open mind), when folks dismiss firearms as 'junk' either because they've never had lengthy experience with one, or the ergonomics or manual of arms doesn't fit them, etc., and they have a brand preference for something else.

I, for one, would be very interested in seeing an XDm test since the pistols seem pretty ergonomic and now have a possible option for a CCW (XDm compact).

I think whatever firearm is tested I'd love to see pass with flying colors, because that is just one more option that gets on the table

There's nothing wrong with more options on the table. I think right now is a very good time for the buyer looking for a quality pistol.

That being said, there is not a lot of love for the XD because of:

-their marketing campaign.

-the simple fact that no major dept nor agency has ever adopted the XD. The M&P is years newer than the XD and has made significant inroads into the LE market and even the BATF.
    #RESIST

User Tag List