Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Next?

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    a G4-G19 without Glock involvement / endorsement.
    The Glock involvement doesn't matter. Todd is brutally honest in his reviews as I'm sure you know from pistol-training.com

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The Glock involvement doesn't matter. Todd is brutally honest in his reviews as I'm sure you know from pistol-training.com
    I meant that Glock likely never get's involved in or endorses "torture tests".

I guess it all depends upon terminology and semantics. Actually shooting the weapon alot isn't torture testing it, IMHO.

It's not like anyone is throwing it in the ocean, pouring mustard down the barrel or freezing it solid for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I meant that Glock likely never get's involved in or endorses "torture tests".

Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    I guess it all depends upon terminology and semantics. Actually shooting the weapon alot isn't torture testing it, IMHO.

It's not like anyone is throwing it in the ocean, pouring mustard down the barrel or freezing it solid for a year.
    That's why I had "torture tests" in quotation marks.

Ah, you filthee bourgeoisie with yer fancy Glocks and H&K! Hozabout something cheap for us poor proles.

I kind of like Red Leader's idea of reviewing a Ruger P-95.

Site Supporter
    You have to think about what the manufacturer is going to get out of the testing. There is a reason that the guns previously tested were all relatively new at the time of their testing. A manufacturer isn't going to want to pay to have a gun tested unless some segment of the market is holding off on purchasing due to lack of information in the market. This rules out older guns like the 3rd gen S&Ws and the P95. Since the release of the Gen 4 9mms has been somewhat less than perfection, I think Glock stands to gain a lot from having a G 19/17 successfully complete a p-tc test.

Those of you suggesting the XD must really hate Todd, he does carry the test gun, so it needs to work if he has to shoot someone.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    You have to think about what the manufacturer is going to get out of the testing. There is a reason that the guns previously tested were all relatively new at the time of their testing. A manufacturer isn't going to want to pay to have a gun tested unless some segment of the market is holding off on purchasing due to lack of information in the market. This rules out older guns like the 3rd gen S&Ws and the P95. Since the release of the Gen 4 9mms has been somewhat less than perfection, I think Glock stands to gain a lot from having a G 19/17 successfully complete a p-tc test.

Those of you suggesting the XD must really hate Todd, he does carry the test gun, so it needs to work if he has to shoot someone.
    This is a good post.

I have been wondering awhile ago if H&K has seen any change in sales of P30 and HK45 before and after Todd's tests; granted that overall volume of sales and availability of these two models may impact any statistical inferences.

RE Glock 19: I don't mean to stir anything, and I know a number of members here and elsewhere have had theirs run well, and there has been noise that overall late-production Gen 4s are running, but am I alone who feels that the fact that Glock has had Todd's G19 for some time, trying to figure WTF, obviates a need for a "torture" test?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I have been wondering awhile ago if H&K has seen any change in sales of P30 and HK45 before and after Todd's tests.
    My guess is yes...

I gotta be honest. I had a P30 prior to finding Todd's website and traded it away fairly quickly. I drank from the cup again with a P30L and recently traded it off for another P30, this time with the LEM. Todd has probably sold more pistols than any company salesman in the last couple of years. Kind of like when Ernie Langdon won the IDPA with the P220 ST. Had a hard time finding one of those for a long time afterwards.

I think it is time for the manufacturers to get a clue about web forums and such. I remember when Todd was posting on Sigforum and I would say that helped out their (SIG) business. I know the internet is full of misinformation and all, but it is about time they get on board in a big way, and with the right people and intentions.

Look at the holster makers that are online (Raven, Ralston, etc..) and I would venture to say they are doing better than the ones that are not. I know Ralston's comment about the new AIWB garnered my attention (now I just need to be first on the list).

Personally, I hope he does a quality (Baer, Sprinfield Pro, Nighthawk, etc....) 1911 for his next test. Let us find out who the clear victor is now.
    Last edited by Chipster; 03-02-2011 at 07:13 PM. Reason: added additional comment

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I'm embarrassed to say I didn't. In fact, until I read Red Leader's post, I was thinking, "what kind of pattern does that guy think we can find in a list of three? Nimrod!"
    I'll be sure to type more slowly in the future.

User Tag List