Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What's Next?

Quote Originally Posted by commandar View Post
    Huh. I had somehow managed to avoid hearing about this until now. I don't know why, but I just could never get myself interested in the FNP/FNX line. Just didn't see any real advantage over more common hammer-fired systems like HK and Sig, and its relative obscurity makes finding accessories like holsters a nightmare from the accounts I've heard.
    The FNP: A great SA trigger, changeable backstrap, tank-like reliability (must say I haven't run mine HARD, but I don't clean it), and a nice $350 price two years ago. But yes, very limited accessories due to low adoption.

Here is a great write-up on it from Stephen A Camp.

Still waiting on a Raven holster that's on order, and Atomic Dog doesn't make holsters for it. Night sights are limited too - definitely no HD Hackathorns.

Those things are making me consider a Glock 19, M&P9/9c or P30.

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    The FNP: A great SA trigger, changeable backstrap, tank-like reliability (must say I haven't run mine HARD, but I don't clean it), and a nice $350 price two years ago. But yes, very limited accessories due to low adoption.

Here is a great write-up on it from Stephen A Camp.

Still waiting on a Raven holster that's on order, and Atomic Dog doesn't make holsters for it. Night sights are limited too - definitely no HD Hackathorns.

Those things are making me consider a Glock 19, M&P9/9c or P30.

I've only shot an FNP-40 before and while it functioned fine, it was very uncomfortable for me. It could be a great choice if it fits the users hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    I've only shot an FNP-40 before and while it functioned fine, it was very uncomfortable for me. It could be a great choice if it fits the users hands.
    Maybe it was because .40s&w sucks Never mind the FNP. It would probably suck out of a Rem 700.

Sorry wrong thread, wrong time

Quote Originally Posted by P30shtr View Post
    Maybe it was because .40s&w sucks Never mind the FNP. It would probably suck out of a Rem 700.

Sorry wrong thread, wrong time
    Well, one part was the cartridge, yes. It was pretty snappy!

But also the pistol just didn't feel right in my hand. Just holding it was uncomfortable. But more power to the folks it fits!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Well, one part was the cartridge, yes. It was pretty snappy!

But also the pistol just didn't feel right in my hand. Just holding it was uncomfortable. But more power to the folks it fits!
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    a G4-G19 without Glock involvement / endorsement.
    I was so close, and if it weren't for his 19 having issues would it have been even better. I should win prizes and paid vacations and other valuable crap and parting gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I was told of a couple of cases when grip safety got stuck or otherwise became dysfunctional with live round inside the chamber. Allegedly, users were unable to rack those slides to clear their XDs, and pistols had to be shipped to Springfield hot, with warning notices plastered all over them.
    Is there a place with a first-hand account of this that I can link someone when they sing XD's praises? Thanks!

No, I don't have actual direct link. I do think though that if one is really interested, then confirmatory info could be solicited from SA customer support folks.

XD goodness

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    Is there a place with a first-hand account of this that I can link someone when they sing XD's praises? Thanks!
    There is now one report online:

http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads...5638#Post95638
    Last edited by YVK; 04-27-2011 at 08:22 PM.

User Tag List