Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Feasibility of pre-MIM S&W revolvers as working guns.

Quote Originally Posted by FPS View Post
    If the government tried to confiscate semi-autos, I would expect a civil war. I mean really, can you see Texas complying?
    They wouldn't need to confiscate them to make it a problem to carry or use them.

We know from Australia that only a minority percentage of known guns were turned in, but taking them out and using them becomes problematic.

Tag me for interest for a thread split re: government ban on semi-autos yet still allowing revolvers. I'm genuinely curious.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS View Post
    If the government tried to confiscate semi-autos, I would expect a civil war. I mean really, can you see Texas complying?
    We've discussed this before. There would be no door to door confiscations - that would be ridiculous. It would be an attrition strategy, As malamute mentioned, that would put a damper on using, shooting, carrying, hunting with your semi autos.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Tag me for interest for a thread split re: government ban on semi-autos yet still allowing revolvers. I'm genuinely curious.
    Me too. Of course, if the antis can target scoped bolt action hunting rifles as "sniper rifles " they could target revolvers as "the choice of criminals "because they don't leave brass casings on crime scenes.

Site Supporter
    The antis will try to divide and conquer with a series of small steps leading to their ultimate goal as they always have.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The antis will try to divide and conquer with a series of small steps leading to their ultimate goal as they always have.
    Just got back from California. There at an LE shooting event with a bunch of gun guy and gal cops. They are fairly certain the ban on magazines and eventually the goal of a requirement for a DOJ permit to POSESS ammunition by the liberals there will pass.

http://www.breitbart.com/california/...s-mag-bans-ca/
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 05-01-2016 at 11:24 AM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Just got back from California. There at an LE shooting event with a bunch of gun guy and gal cops. They are fairly certain the ban on magazines and eventually the goal of a requirement for a DOJ permit to POSESS ammunition by the liberals there will pass.

http://www.breitbart.com/california/...s-mag-bans-ca/
    Can someone clarify something for me: Is it not currently the case that possession (as opposed to buy/sell/import) is basically not a criminal offense? Which means if you don't get caught at the border and don't admit to moving them in to CA they're just confiscated as a nuisance or something. TBH I'm surprised a full mag ban with criminal penalties hasn't already happened. The whole "no legal business, but no meaningful effort to stop the sieve of the CA border" always seemed kind of half-assed even for the CA legislature.

The DOJ permit to possess ammo...people think that will pass? That seems like a long shot, even for CA. Hell, NY hasn't done that yet. Lately they're a better bellweather for dumbass gun law than CA...

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Can someone clarify something for me: Is it not currently the case that possession (as opposed to buy/sell/import) is basically not a criminal offense? Which means if you don't get caught at the border and don't admit to moving them in to CA they're just confiscated as a nuisance or something. TBH I'm surprised a full mag ban with criminal penalties hasn't already happened. The whole "no legal business, but no meaningful effort to stop the sieve of the CA border" always seemed kind of half-assed even for the CA legislature.

The DOJ permit to possess ammo...people think that will pass? That seems like a long shot, even for CA. Hell, NY hasn't done that yet. Lately they're a better bellweather for dumbass gun law than CA...
    Everyone I talked to thinks all the gun control that goes to a general election vote will pass. The problem in California is there are laws, and then there are rules and opinions. It is all very vague and most officers and others don't understand the technical side and prosecute based on wrong info.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    More and more, the idea of going back to California seems more like entering an unfriendly, not-very-safe foreign country than entering one of the most beautiful of the United States.

It kind of makes me mad. Some of the best memories of my youth were road trips to Cali to go to the Bay Area, LA, Disneyland, the beaches, the redwoods. And I had a great time when I was stationed at Ft Ord. Running on the beach every day for PT? Yes, please! Especially in the summers when the girls were out ...

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Nonsense; that will never happen, according to many forumites. How dare you spread fear and rumor???

User Tag List