Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 162: 300

Wilson CQB Commander, 78-1x / 65 / 46 = 189. Good lord weak hand. I haven't shot WHO (or even much SHO) at this distance and it sure showed.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    RTF 2 G17 with HD sights. OEM barrel btw, minus connector.

Freestyle 93
    SHO 85
    WHO 87
    Total 265.
    Same rig today and tried to reel back in some of those points dropped. Bleh. Dropped more.

FS - 87
    SHO - 83
    WHO - 79

“Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

S&W M&P 9mm

Freestyle=84
    SHO= 81
    WHO= 77

Total score= 242

I threw one shot way left on the first target. Not quite sure how I did that - I thought I called all my shots pretty good. Other than that not too bad, I guess.

IMG_0255 by John, on Flickr
    IMG_0256 by John, on Flickr
    IMG_0257 by John, on Flickr

Now that I feel comfortable that my guns are sighted in properly I actually followed the instructions and shot Freestyle/SHO/WHO.

Freestyle: 97
    SHO: 71, 1 miss to the left
    WHO: 87
    Total: 255

Tanfoglio Stock 2 in 9mm, all single action shots @ 25 yards. Shots taken at a pretty good pace, not a lot of fooling around. 3.7 gr ETR-7, Fiocchi SPP, 1.110 COAL, 135 grain polymer coated Bayou Bullet

I am coming to understand that a good trigger press on an 'acceptable' sight picture works best, and I struggled the most on controlling trigger press on WHO.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 05-09-2016 at 10:46 PM.

FS, 44
    SHO, 36
    WHO, 8
    Total, 88. Walther P5.

Things I noticed; I'm unworthy of a P5 and I'm going to spend much more time with my record collection.
    Last edited by Wobblie; 05-10-2016 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblie View Post

Things I noticed; I'm unworthy of a P5 and I'm going to spend much more time with my record collection.
    Sorry man, but that was every bit as funny as you meant it.

Every week since last Oct or so, I've been shooting one half of this drill (5 each) as a warm up (taught to me by Kevin B). In that version you walk down and check each shot before shooting the next.

I'm going to try that next weekend and see if that checking spell goes easier on the mental focus of this brute.
    Last edited by JHC; 05-10-2016 at 05:35 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Every week since last Oct or so, I've been shooting one half of this drill (5 each) as a warm up (taught to me by Kevin B). In that version you walk down and check each shot before shooting the next.
    Consider that stolen.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Pistol used
    Score for each string
    Total score for all strings combined
    Anything you noticed
    Had a good day with this one.

Pistol: Gen4 G19, Ameriglo front post, Dawson adjustable rear, American Eagle 147 FMJ.

Freestyle: 92/1x

SHO: 91/1x

WHO: 93/2x

Total score 275/4x

Things I noticed:
    • Freestyle: Group is right of center because I zeroed this pistol with S&B 124, and the difference in POI between it and AE 147 shows up at 25 yards.
    • SHO: Misspent youth of bullseye shooting pays off.
    • WHO: Even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while, especially with WHO practice after the LAV class in March. The flyers at two o'clock are my first and second shots.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

That is superb!!! That's my goal. To be able to hit 90 across all three stages.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Had a good day with this one.

Pistol: Gen4 G19, Ameriglo front post, Dawson adjustable rear, American Eagle 147 FMJ...

Total score 275/4x
    Excellent shooting!
    C Class shooter.

User Tag List