Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 162: 300

Week 162: 300

Week 162: 300

Results may be posted until May 29th, 2016.

Range: 25 yards
    Target: B8 repair center, download here: https://pistol-forum.com/attachment....1&d=1322428748
    Start Position: any
    Rounds Fired: 30

Time for pure accuracy.

Using the provided B8 replacement, fire a ten-shot group at 25yd with no time limit and your normal 2-handed grip. Add up the score for all ten shots. Keep in mind that the "7" ring is visible but not identified, and the four corners of the target are technically the "6" ring. For hits on the line between two scoring zones, use the higher scoring value only if the grease ring of the bullet hole cuts the line between the two zones. Tears and other marks that are greater than the bullet's diameter do not count for scoring. Shots that do not hit the sheet of paper score zero. Do not use a standard B8 target, as it will give you more scoring area than the pdf provides.

Then repeat on a second target but shooting strong hand only.

Then repeat on a third target weak hand only.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Pistol used
    Score for each string
    Total score for all strings combined
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  28.3 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  27.9 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  28.6 KB

EAA Tanfoglio Stock 2 9mm
    Load: 135 grain polymer coated Bayou Bullets, 3.7 gr ETR-7, 1.110 COAL, ~134 PF

What I noticed: I should read the instructions. Shoting 3 strings of 10 into different targets makes a lot more sense than 2 strings of 15 into a single target. It also probably makes sense to have a single DA pull for each sting of 10, then SA pulls for the next 9 shots. Taking a brief break after 10 shots is probably a good idea as well.

I really didn't do it right, just fired 30 shots into the target 3x, using 2 x 15 round magaines. It is hard to score properly with 30 holes in a single sheet of printer paper.

I ended up adjusting my sights down (2 clicks) and to the left (3 clicks) after the first target, then down again (2 clicks) after the second target.

I plan to repeat the drill with my other Stock 2 and Lim Pro, re-tuning the sights as well.

Group shooting really isn't my thing so I wasn't too unhappy with my results. On the last target I called 2 of the high right shots and the far left shot; they came in the first few shots then I settled down.

More to follow, maybe tomorrow, weather permitting.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 05-01-2016 at 04:00 PM.

Gen 4 glock 19,HD front w/ Warren extra wide rear, cheap perfecta ball 115 grain, Dark Star Gear aiwb under a fleece

Freestyle - 85-1x
    SHO - 51-0x
    WHO - 28 -0x

Total - 164-1x

I knew going in that the SHO and WHO strings were going to suck, as I've neglected one hand training especially as of late. The freestyle portion was pretty average for what I've been tracking for the 25yd string of my F250 drill. I was pulling shots right with my WHO and only landed 4 on target. I dropped 3 off paper on the SHO, and while a pretty abysmal performance, I was surprised that I got that even - given the lack of attention I've been giving any sort of one handed shooting. Afterward I ran some SHO and WHO stuff at 15 and will incorporate more over the next few weeks and work my way back out to 25 as part of my regular performance tracking.

I broke out the other Tanfo Stock 2 today and took this for another spin. First 3 targets I used to tune the sights, again all shots hitting high right before adjustment. Not sure why I had both guns set high right at 25 yards, maybe I had a low left issue when I sighted them in?

Here are 3 targets shot in grouops of 10 after tunign the sights. The middle target is missing a shot - not sure if I short loaded that mad or threw one. I used a USPSA metric target as a backer and only had 2 holes outside and a little left of the lower A-zone in 60 shots but anything is possible.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Holy balls I suck WHO and SHO.

Pistol used - Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical
    Score for each string
    1. Freestyle: 69-2X
    2. SHO: 18
    3. WHO: 7
    4. Total: 94-2X

Now I need to figure out how to shoot SHO and WHO.

Freestyle:

Strong Hand Only:

Weak Hand Only:

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

2H: 79
    SHO: 75
    WHO: 41
    Total: 195

Oh, and:

P226 .40
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 05-06-2016 at 04:11 PM.

Glock 26 - Gen 4

2H: 91
    SH: 76
    WH: 77
    Total: 244

SHO/WHO doesn't matter much for me since I'm ambidextrous. I missed the paper on a couple of the single handed shots so I'll have to fix that. This was my first time ever trying the 300, I'll try for a higher score next week.

2H
Views: 366
Size:  20.3 KB

SH
Views: 348
Size:  20.3 KB

WH
Views: 364
Size:  20.2 KB

Ran this with CZ 75 SP01 and Herters 9mm ammo. Did this incorrectly, for some reason thought it was 5 SHO and WHO each. I extrapolated those scores by doubling the 1H strings.

From left to right: 2H, SHO and WHO
    Name:  300 drill.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  97.7 KB

2H = 94
    SHO = 66 (33x2) - for some reason threw a shot, didn't call it at all
    WHO = 86 (43 x 2)

Total = 246/ 300

I struggled with the 1H shots with the gun being heavy and everything shaking. That caused me to sometimes shoot "NOW" whenever I thought I was on target due to fatigue. Not too happy I completely zeroed one of the SHO shots.

This one hurt. I shot it cold, the first three targets of the day.....my long range accuracy issues continue.

Beretta 92 Elite II, 124g Centaur Remanufactured Ammo

Freestyle: 84-3X
    SHO: 88-2X
    WHO: Did not score

Freestle:

SHO:

WHO:

RTF 2 G17 with HD sights. OEM barrel btw, minus connector.

Freestyle 93
    SHO 85
    WHO 87
    Total 265.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List