Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mandate for police smart guns or volunteer to test same?

And let's not forget the issue of security. RFID jammers, remote hijack vectors? No thanks. The number of electronic devices that haven't been "hacked" is staggeringly low...particularly when wireless communication is involved.

I liked the reference to the iPhone fingerprint reader in the article. I couldn't help but wonder if that was a very subtle jab on the part of the author.

The technology issues are only the beginning. The government can already hack my phone, read my internet history and listen to my calls. I'll be damned if I have a gun that can be hacked, which will be the first thing they will develop, since they're funding the R&D. I'd trust it more if the government weren't involved.

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    And let's not forget the issue of security. RFID jammers, remote hijack vectors? No thanks. The number of electronic devices that haven't been "hacked" is staggeringly low...particularly when wireless communication is involved.

I liked the reference to the iPhone fingerprint reader in the article. I couldn't help but wonder if that was a very subtle jab on the part of the author.
    It was obama's recent line. "If we can make fingerprint sensors for phones, why can't we have them on guns?" Or words to that effect. This all went down and was hot press quite a while ago.
    Ignore Alien Orders

My guns are already smart. They only fire when I tell them to.

How do we mandate smart politicians? I guess that's an oxymoron. My bad.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    As a tax payer I nominate the USSS Presidential detail to be the test case. All presidential officers in using uniformed, close protection and QRF members must ONLY have access to smart guns. No one equipped with a normal gun may interfere in any way with the smart guys. Second wave testing should be protection details for Bloomberg, Schumer, Zuckerberg, and the like. If after 20 years on no failures they can be made available to the public as an OPTION.
    Monday and we already have the post of the week.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    It was obama's recent line. "If we can make fingerprint sensors for phones, why can't we have them on guns?" Or words to that effect. This all went down and was hot press quite a while ago.
    Because smartphones are so reliable...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

This gives new meaning to, "From my cold dead hands." Sadly...
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

User Tag List