Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 14 in Shotguns

FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by Keebsley View Post
    Brockman is here in Idaho. Does excellent work with guide guns, shotguns and bolt action rifles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Here is one set up by Brockman after I ditched the ported barrels.

Did you attach that bit of Pic rail to the factory fore-end, or is it an aftermarket fore-end?

It is a G, G & G fore end, and comes that way. I prefer to the Magpul fore end, as the lip of the Magpul smacks me in recoil with Brenneke slugs. I
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    It is a G, G & G fore end, and comes that way. I prefer to the Magpul fore end, as the lip of the Magpul smacks me in recoil with Brenneke slugs. I
    Sadly, the GG&G fore end seems to be discontinued. I too have had the same issue you describe with the Magpul fore end. And the Surefire fore end I currently have on my 14" 870 seems unnecessarily heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Sadly, the GG&G fore end seems to be discontinued. I too have had the same issue you describe with the Magpul fore end. And the Surefire fore end I currently have on my 14" 870 seems unnecessarily heavy.
    FAB Defense:

http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-par..._1=FAB+DEFENSE

I have one of these on an 870P, and I just ordered another one to replace a Magpul forend on another 870P.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Yes, by Vang along with his choking thing. I have come to dislike the porting, as it is loud, especially in a 14 inch barrel. Also, I nearly blew my left thumb off (slight exaggeration), when I went to shoot some slugs off the seat of my atv from kneeling. My left thumb got far enough forward to cover a port, and I never hope to experience again what I felt at the first shot.

I ended up having replacement barrels made without ports, and actually have four NP3'd 14 inch barrels with porting and the Vang Comp choking, if anyone is interested.
    Yeah, thanks...but I'm going to pass...

Great shotgun setup, though.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List