Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we talk about the CZ 527 carbine?

bad news is that the stock cracked after approximately 500 rounds. Sending back to CZ. Looks like a bunch of people on the intertubes also have had this issue.

Good news: Still loving the iron sights. They just work so well with the stock shape that it gets me into a perfect cheek weld and head position every time.

MTAC kind of sucks and am planning to sell for a Leupold 1.5-5. The glass quality just isn't that great.

Sorry about your stock. I sent back a CZ 550 full stock for a crack near the muzzle. They replaced the stock promptly and I actually ended up with a better piece of walnut. Best of luck and thanks for the update. The 527 is on my short list.

Just received a Weaver 1-3 for Christmas and realize I have nothing to put it on. The CZ452 it was destined for now has a 2-7 which fits nicely.

The only reasonable answer I've come up with is to buy a 527.

Site Supporter
    CZ has two new 527 models for 2017 which have caught my interest:

CZ 527 American in 6.5 Grendel -

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-527-american/

CZ 527 American Synthetic Suppressor Ready:

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-527-ame...pressor-ready/

This one is only in .223 and 300 BO at this time.

Name:  IMG_1196.jpg
Views: 1959
Size:  18.9 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 04-06-2017 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    CZ has two new 527 models for 2017 which have caught my interest:

CZ 527 American in 6.5 Grendel -

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-527-american/

CZ 527 American Synthetic Suppressor Ready:

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-527-ame...pressor-ready/

This one is only in .223 and 300 BO at this time.

Name:  IMG_1196.jpg
Views: 1959
Size:  18.9 KB
    A 527 in 6.5 grendel, with adjustable sights similar to a 452/455, would be the scout rifle of my dreams for the SE US. Topped off with a LPV of course...

Site Supporter
    The 527 American 6.5G is missing irons like other offerings, but with the long barrel and cartridge I don't really think that's much of a deficit, but rather speaks to its intended use.

It's also making me look into CZ's first responder pricing for this bugger......

Good news is CZ replaced the stock and shipped back with zero hassle. Still going irons only until I find a good deal on Leupold variable.

Anybody figure out a way to put a double mag pouch on the stock?

Very interesting little rifle! The "backwards" safety is, however, disappointing, and is largely what kept me away from buying, years ago. I wonder if it can be modified, somehow? (No such modification was apparently available, even from the best custom 'smiths, when the late Col. Cooper was having "Baby" built on a CZ action, but that was some time ago.) Such modification, if now available, however, might be too expensive to justify. I reckon I will have to keep looking at Tikkas.
    Last edited by Rex G; 06-02-2017 at 04:28 AM.

I sold my Burris MTAC and put a Leupold VX-R 2-7x on it. Very nice upgrade and I think the 2-7x magnification works perfectly.

Two things:
    1) CZ explicitly says that you can single load rounds by dropping them on the magazine, then closing the bolt on them. Despite it being a controlled feed rifle, the extractor is machined with a bevel that allows it to snap over the round. But when I try it, holy f&ck do I have to crank that bolt down to get it to lock. ONly had one type of ammo (Wolf), so not sure if it is the hard rim or if the bolt needs to be "broken in"

2) I have yet to find a buttstock mag pouch. Does anybody have suggestions for a good buttstock loop holder for individual rounds (assuming issue #1 resolves itself)?

User Tag List