Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we talk about the CZ 527 carbine?

Site Supporter
    http://sgammo.com/catalog/rifle-ammo...5-grendel-ammo

Wolf is making both wolf gold and steel case ammo for 6.5grendel. The steel case is $5.95 a box PPU is also making 6.5 Grendel at reasonable prices.

I finally broke down and got one in 7.62x39

Anybody have experience with the Leupold 1.5-5 scopes? Looking for something smaller, medium amount of magnification (less than 7x) and still fast enough up close.

Also, anybody have recommendations for a buttstock mag pouch?

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post

Anybody have experience with the Leupold 1.5-5 scopes? Looking for something smaller, medium amount of magnification (less than 7x) and still fast enough up close.

I used a 1.5-5 Leupy on my 3 gun rifle for a couple seasons. I liked it. At the time I wasn't impressed with the 1-4 optics out there so I when with the 1.5. Nowadays I'd probably look at a vortex strike eagle of primary arms 1-6. I just got the PA 1-6 a month or so ago. Haven't really rung it out yet. IIRC, SLG has a 7.62 reticle PA 1-6 on an AK and likes it.

Edit: found the thread. SLG was gonna order one according to the thread. Not sure if he ever got it.
    Last edited by Lon; 08-02-2016 at 02:11 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I ran a VX3 1.5-5 on my m4 A1 for roughly 4 years in the mid east as my #1 optic.

I chose it over the MK4 due to the capped turrets versus the exposed turrets of the MK4. Rifles are often getting gear piled on top of them in vehicles and I did not want a turret getting inadvertently getting knocked off of zero. The covered turret made a lot more sense. Besides, I was not likely going to be dialing many shots with my carbine, versus just holding over.

The 1.5-5 proved to be a great choice with the illuminated reticle. I kept it on the lowest power setting and shot with both eyes open , then when needed, just dialed up when I needed to really look at a person or object, or deep in a window or whatever. Very practical little optic. It would make a good little optic choice for the 527.

Ran mine on my Commando for awhile at work, but decided to just go back to the Micro because I didn't want to bust my expensive scope and not get it replaced. Thinking about putting a Leupold 2.5X LW on the work gun. Name:  WorkGun.jpg
Views: 1787
Size:  32.7 KB
    Name:  Frontier 358 in Unit 191 October 2015 Colorado.jpg
Views: 2034
Size:  104.1 KB
    The 1.5-5X is currently on a Ruger .358.
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

Given the ballistics of 7.62x39, and how I have used the CZ 527 in that caliber, I think an Aimpoint Pro in a CZ 30mm ring on the forward scope base, is about perfect for me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    Thinking about putting a Leupold 2.5X LW on the work gun.
    I ran one of these with a coarse plex on a DD M-4 for a Pat McNamara class. Worked like a champ, especially since my astigmatism turns a red-dot reticle into a cauliflower.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Took it to the range for the first time last week and rang some steel at the 200 and 300 yd ranges with the irons and Wolf/Golden Tiger FMJ. These is a great shooter and super accurate. Set trigger is scary light. Shot from various field positions slung in my Langlois Rhodesian sling.

I have a Burris MTAC sitting around from a 3-gun project that fell by the wayside, and I put it on yesterday. Bolt clearance is tight, but seems ok. We'll see how it works next weekend.

Took it to the range for the first time last week and rang some steel at the 200 and 300 yd ranges with the irons and Wolf/Golden Tiger FMJ. These is a great shooter and super accurate. Set trigger is scary light. Shot from various field positions slung in my Langlois Rhodesian sling.

I have a Burris MTAC sitting around from a 3-gun project that fell by the wayside, and I put it on yesterday. Bolt clearance is tight, but seems ok. We'll see how it works next weekend.
    Bulky scopes are a problem on these rifles. While we were dicking around with the 6.5G project, clearance between bolt handle and scope was a big problem. I tried this:

http://www.customreloadingtools.com/crt_065.htm

It worked, but changed the geometry of the bolt throw to the extent that it slowed down the throw unacceptably for me. I think I still have it if anyone wants it. I see that CZ is now selling a factory replacement:

https://shop.cz-usa.com/productdetai...-527-new-style

Tried out the mtac 1-4x at 200 today. Worked ok. Zeroing the reticles main dot at 100yds results in the second dot of the BDC conveniently on at 200yds.

Still looking for a method of attaching one or two mags to the stock. Haven't found a butt stock mag pouch that works yet.

User Tag List