Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we talk about the CZ 527 carbine?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    The 7.62x39 version can be rebarreled in 6.5 Grendel. Walther has ready to install barrels iirc.

I have one in 6.5 Grendel, nice shooter.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I've owned a few and they seem to be well built and accurate little guns. The two that I owned required modifications to the bolt handle to clear low mounted optics. The modification is simply removing material from the top of the bolt handle so they could clear the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    In irrational part of my mind has been greatly tempted to procure the .223 version (since it's available in LH) and re-barrel into a .300 blk hunting/general purpose bolt gun.
    Yep.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    What about the bone-crushing 7.62x39 in such a lightweight rifle?

Okie John
    Just as easy to shoot as the .223, ime.

As for the scope clearance issue, CZ offers a factory replacement bolt handle that does this nicely. I guess it depends on your scope though.

Gunsmith John Brandstatter converted my .223 527 to 6.8 SPC - neat project gun.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Just as easy to shoot as the .223, ime.

As for the scope clearance issue, CZ offers a factory replacement bolt handle that does this nicely. I guess it depends on your scope though.
    I wasn't aware of that!

I've eyed the 527 rifles for years. Ever since I bought a 452 training rifle I've wanted a similar CZ bolt gun in centerfire.

Hard to justify when my 16" AR and 30-30 cover the same bases... But I still want one. Bad.

What optic do you have on yours SLG?

What kind of glass do you folks like for yours?

*edit to add* Oh, no, they also make the 527 with a full "Mannlicher Style Turkish Walnut Stock" about the same price.
    So tempting!
    Last edited by Joe in PNG; 04-25-2016 at 10:32 PM.

Nice that they finally fixed the issue. The rifles I delt with were made in the 2006-2008 timeframe and I haven't seen the new ones...maybe they fixed the issue.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    The 7.62x39 version can be rebarreled in 6.5 Grendel. Walther has ready to install barrels iirc.
    That would at least double your effective range and be effective and legal for deer in most states.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Yute View Post
    Gunsmith John Brandstatter converted my .223 527 to 6.8 SPC - neat project gun.
    6.8 doesn't gain you much over the 7.62x39 - for the cost and trouble I would much rather have a 6.5 Grendel. Conversion.
    Last edited by HCM; 04-26-2016 at 12:19 AM.

User Tag List