Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Can we talk about the CZ 527 carbine?

My Buddy has one in 7.62x39 that his daughter uses for deer and even elk.

He has worked up a hot 150 grain SP load that is hits just as hard as the best 30-30 loads.

He says that unlike a 30-30 lever gun, it's very accurate out to about 250 yards. You get about another 75-100 yards of range with the bolt action. He has it set up with a fixed 6x scope, but he says the thing is a blast to shoot with cheap steel case ammo and iron sights when it's not hunting season.

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    I sold my Burris MTAC and put a Leupold VX-R 2-7x on it. Very nice upgrade and I think the 2-7x magnification works perfectly.

Two things:
    1) CZ explicitly says that you can single load rounds by dropping them on the magazine, then closing the bolt on them. Despite it being a controlled feed rifle, the extractor is machined with a bevel that allows it to snap over the round. But when I try it, holy f&ck do I have to crank that bolt down to get it to lock. ONly had one type of ammo (Wolf), so not sure if it is the hard rim or if the bolt needs to be "broken in"

2) I have yet to find a buttstock mag pouch. Does anybody have suggestions for a good buttstock loop holder for individual rounds (assuming issue #1 resolves itself)?
    Strike Hard Gear makes a truly excellent buttstock dual magazine pouch; it's marketed as a Moisin Nagant stripper clip holder, but it fits the CZ 527 magazines perfectly. I got mine in coyote. One caveat: to avoid scratching the buttstock's wood, have a strip of leather or suede sewn underneath the eyelets.

https://www.strikehardgear.com/mosin...ttstock-pouch/

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    2) I have yet to find a buttstock mag pouch. Does anybody have suggestions for a good buttstock loop holder for individual rounds (assuming issue #1 resolves itself)?
    I’be used the shotgun version of these. Work fine for my casual use. The neoprene doesn’t slip like the elastic sleeve I first tried. Don’t know how they would stand up to hard use.
    https://www.beartooth-products.com/c...ons/stockguard

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Stumbled across this guy who does short magazine conversions and makes it look a lot better.

http://rvbprecision.com/shooting/cz-...onversion.html
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quick update to this thread: Recently upgraded my sling to a Boonie Packer Safari Sling for enhanced carry options while hunting.

Best, Jon

What is the group think on the suppressor threaded 16.5 inch barrel in 6.5 Grendel? I’m looking for a hunting gun 400 yards and in and this seems more turn key then buying a tikka or model 700 and having it chopped and threaded. I have no experience with cz rifles but this thread has piqued my interest.

Pretty neat leather butt cuff with two mag pouches for the 527.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I just saw a comment on IG that leads me to believe some or all of the 527 line may be discontinued after this year.

Name:  2878E9F6-D2B6-4D3B-BE86-A9E6B39171DF.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  26.9 KB
    David S.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    I just saw a comment on IG that leads me to believe some or all of the 527 line may be discontinued after this year.

@JM Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post

Shit.

User Tag List