Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Safes

Another option is to get two smaller safes with doors that open opposite. Then have them drilled and bolted together on the inside. It allows for easier moving for you, but near impossible to get out of the house by thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Another option is to get two smaller safes with doors that open opposite. Then have them drilled and bolted together on the inside. It allows for easier moving for you, but near impossible to get out of the house by thieves.
    Or just wall in your dining room...
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

More smaller safes also multiplies the time it would take to break and enter the safes on location, making it harder to get all your stuff and extending their chance to get caught in the act. I've got two small safes in a space where I couldn't have put a single larger safe even if it was the same size.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Or just wall in your dining room...
    A friend tried that a few years back. It is amazing how fast thieves can leave your house with your safe and a section of wall given the right tools.

I don't know much about safes but though that I would mention this. I have a separate rider on my renter's insurance (works the same way with homeowner's) for firearms. I don't have anywhere near the amount of guns that you do but the rider costs me about $30 a year and covers all my firearms from first dollar. So if they're stolen, even including my CCW that I left in the car to go to the post office, they pay replacement cost from first dollar - no deductible.

Obviously insurance shouldn't be your only plan and can't replace things with sentimental value. But it is important to look into as most renter's or homeowner's polices have limits that won't touch your replacement costs if you need a safe that big.

Thanks for all the replies.

I have pretty much settled on the Liberty Fat Boy, thanks to Longballer and his detailed assistance.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

User Tag List