Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Smith m10

10-8 with factory 2 1/2" barrel...

Last edited by LOBO; 05-09-2017 at 09:12 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post

Great revolver! I spent nine years on an FBI Org Crime Task Force in Dallas. The Primary Firearms Instructor (PFI) was a great guy and a Texas LE training legend by the name of Robert P. "Bob" Butler. Bob showed me one of these M10s back in the late 70s, I believe. It morphed into the 3" Model 13 RB the Bureau carried for several years until the full scale migration to autopistols. Always thought it was one of the coolest variations of the Model 10.

Edited to add: The Michigan State Police also bought and issued this gun to their Detectives.
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 05-09-2017 at 11:14 AM.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Great revolver! I spent nine years on an FBI Org Crime Task Force in Dallas. The Primary Firearms Instructor (PFI) was a great guy and a Texas LE training legend by the name of Robert P. "Bob" Butler. Bob showed me one of these M10s back in the late 70s, I believe. It morphed into the 3" Model 13 RB the Bureau carried for several years until the full scale migration to autopistols. Always thought it was one of the coolest variations on the Model 10.

Edited to add: The Michigan State Police also bought and issued this gun to their Detectives.
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 526
Size:  75.2 KB
    Just cause you brought up one of my favorites - 13-3. The only one I ever saw for sale, and it lives at my house now. Not For Sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Great revolver! I spent nine years on an FBI Org Crime Task Force in Dallas. The Primary Firearms Instructor (PFI) was a great guy and a Texas LE training legend by the name of Robert P. "Bob" Butler. Bob showed me one of these M10s back in the late 70s, I believe. It morphed into the 3" Model 13 RB the Bureau carried for several years until the full scale migration to autopistols. Always thought it was one of the coolest variations of the Model 10.

Thanks! It just feels "right" when in the hand. As good as a 3" K frame feels, this one feels just a little bit better. It's too bad they didn't make them as a standard production item.
    Last edited by LOBO; 05-09-2017 at 11:46 AM.

This revolver, for me is the holy grail.
    I am fortunate to own several iterations of 3" K's.
    However the 2 1/2" M10 is THE one that really make me wiggle.

Thanks for the share.
    Last edited by kilo sierra; 05-09-2017 at 10:10 PM. Reason: grammer

Site Supporter
    Thanks! It just feels "right" when in the hand. As good as a 3" K frame feels, this one feels just a little bit better. It's too bad they didn't make them as a standard production item.
    I was told by that Bureau source that they wanted the 3" to get full length extraction/ejection on fired cases. The 2 1/2" doesn't quite do that.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List