Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith m10

BTW, the square butt J frame, with issue magnas and a Tyler, feel downright wonderful.

True- and has been mentioned earlier- the various Goodyears (especially the Pachmyar Compacs) are much comfortable to shoot, but truly suck at concealment. The Tyler adapter gives you more to hang on to with standard wood stocks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    BTW, the square butt J frame, with issue magnas and a Tyler, feel downright wonderful.

True- and has been mentioned earlier- the various Goodyears (especially the Pachmyar Compacs) are much comfortable to shoot, but truly suck at concealment. The Tyler adapter gives you more to hang on to with standard wood stocks.
    I have experienced the rubber grabbing and pulling up concealment garments when I used to carry revolvers. Eagle Secret Service grips were a good solution. Now that my biggest use for revolvers is teaching new shooters how to shoot them, the Pachmayrs are back on mine.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

A friend of mine just picked up a P&R 13-1 with a 4" HB at a pawn shop that he got for just over 4 bills. Some finish wear, but everything looks nice and tight. If it had been a 3", I'd have jumped on it.

They have a pencil-barrel M10-7 in good shape they are asking mid-$400s for.
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 05-12-2016 at 09:49 PM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Chuck, we had a very clean M-10 Hong Kong Police model come through the lab last week. Skinny barrel, heavy duty lanyard swivel on the butt.

I want one.

IMO, the 3" round butt M-13 or M-65 are probably THE best "general purpose" revolvers S&W ever made. If I could only have one, either would be my choice.

IMO, the 3" round butt M-13 or M-65 are probably THE best "general purpose" revolvers S&W ever made. If I could only have one, either would be my choice.
    Quoted for Truth. Only in my old age my eyes would prefer the adjustable sighted models 19/66.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I have experienced the rubber grabbing and pulling up concealment garments when I used to carry revolvers. Eagle Secret Service grips were a good solution. Now that my biggest use for revolvers is teaching new shooters how to shoot them, the Pachmayrs are back on mine.
    Which is why I preferred wood or the Houge nylon monogrip most of my career until my forearms/elbows demanded that I move to a cushy set of Goodyears.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Here is one of my current Model 10s.

I recently found a 2.5 inch Model 19 round butt, and that is a very sweet revolver. Extremely accurate--I managed to cloverleaf three rounds in the exact middle of a target at 25 yards (two more rounds were each an inch off center), which is far better than my eyes can see. I like the adjustable rear sight more than a grooved rear, and I find 2.5 inch is not a big difference from 3 (which is my usual preference).

But, then again, there are a lot of great S&W revolvers. Why I didn't buy more of them in the 1970's and 1980's (putting aside a general lack of funds) I'll never know.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    I recently found a 2.5 inch Model 19 round butt, and that is a very sweet revolver. Extremely accurate--I managed to cloverleaf three rounds in the exact middle of a target at 25 yards (two more rounds were each an inch off center), which is far better than my eyes can see. I like the adjustable rear sight more than a grooved rear, and I find 2.5 inch is not a big difference from 3 (which is my usual preference).

But, then again, there are a lot of great S&W revolvers. Why I didn't buy more of them in the 1970's and 1980's (putting aside a general lack of funds) I'll never know.

Don't be too hard on yourself. I have a local dealer with 642's for $360 and I still haven't picked one up! They also have M & P's for $640.

Just picked this up from my gunsmith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bill

User Tag List