Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith m10

Love those old pencil barrels.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Love those old pencil barrels.
    While I tend to like the heavy barrels, I like the sights on the pencil barrels better. They appear to have a rear surface that is farther from horizontal, making them less likely to reflect light and become hard to see at the wrong time.

Need to get a pic up of my late mother's skinny Model 10.

The other thing this thread made me ponder is the safety of both the 1st and 2nd Amendments in this troubled Republic.

Having recently been called "Ignorant Redneck Motherfudger (not exactly his words)" on a felony car stop involving Black Nationalist father & sons in which I covered the son who had a GLOCK 21SF on his side and no permit, I take umbrage at the fact only one segment of society (liberals and their nanny state supplicants) can actually say whatever they like.

So This C-word thread drift caused me to take stock of the history of the word and cutting edge history on its current usage.

It's been used since Middle English was spoken and came there from the German word for female genitalia "kunte"; it also meant having sex.

A little bit more 'Net surfing yielded a gem of an article in which the Oxford Dictionary has added four variations of the word of late. And feminists have proudly made the word their own...

http://mic.com/articles/85639/why-wo...ary#.jOWCKDAla

Full disclosure: in 2003 I was the best-read member of a knuckle-dragger group trying to prevent people from having fun w legal and illegal narcotics. It was an era in which many new units w cool acronyms were popping up at my agency like rat turds in a bowl of rice.

Desperate to be just as cool, my superiors were brainstorming edgy acronyms which would make us sound hard as fudge...I proposed Combined Undercover Narcotics Team and they were awed. Took about 5 minutes for the lieutenant to start threatening to send me back to CID when he wrote it on the board.

Reading is still Fun Duh Mental.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    While I tend to like the heavy barrels, I like the sights on the pencil barrels better. They appear to have a rear surface that is farther from horizontal, making them less likely to reflect light and become hard to see at the wrong time.
    This is the same reason that a lot of Colt snub users prefer the older exposed ejector rod versions. I have a later version with the shrouded barrel and prefer the older type of sight. If I find an older Colt snub with the short grip frame at a decent price, it is coming home with me.
    I used heavy barrel M64s for work back in the day, but with my older eyes, my two standard barreled M10's sights are a little easier to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    I used heavy barrel M64s for work back in the day, but with my older eyes, my two standard barreled M10's sights are a little easier to manage.
    I put red paint on the sights of my M64 HB and it makes all the difference in the world (in other words I can now see the front sight).

Site Supporter
    While I cannot comment on the heavy barrel S&W guns, having a gunsmith install an orange epoxy insert in the front sight of my 1990's Detective Special helped only slightly.

It seems that the makers of these guns were so concerned about sights snagging - a problem I have never experienced - that they almost forgot that the sight needs to be usable for aiming.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Any good gunsmiths in the DFW area, I picked up a Smith mdl 15 at a good price the other day but it needs some work done?
    Bill

Holler at Wayne Dobbs, WP. He loaned me his tuned Combat Masterpiece for class last fall in your city that was like Buttah! It was Fantastic. Buhlieve me. Was just watching Trump on O'Reilly...

So a guy I work with got caught cheating on his wife and she kicked him out. He didn't have much stuff but I got roped into helping him move. At the end of the day he told me he had an old revolver and he didn't know what to do with it. I told him this would be perfect payment for my help.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  39.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan127 View Post
    So a guy I work with got caught cheating on his wife and she kicked him out. He didn't have much stuff but I got roped into helping him move. At the end of the day he told me he had an old revolver and he didn't know what to do with it. I told him this would be perfect payment for my help.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  39.8 KB
    That's a good deal, right there.

User Tag List