Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith m10

Site Supporter

Smith m10

Just a old used m10. Nothing special here. Carried lot shot very little. The inside looks new. The outside, well they used Sumpthin too abrasive to get the red stuff off. The ejector rod backed out and they used a screwdriver to try to open the cylinder. The m10 refused judging by the marks on the frame. Somebody figured it out and it's not harmed. There is the remnants of a beautiful deep blue on the barrel. This m10 looks like the many m10's the old heads used to carry. Megee pointing his m10 at a suspect fleeing in a car and the guy stopped! Firgy, his hand on his orange tinted m10 telling the suspect "boy I'm scared too death of knives so if ya don't drop that knife I'll kill you" and he did. I mean drop the knife. I remember the pile of m10's in the armory. I remember when cops left the revolvers and went to auto loaders the m10's were in piles on the gun show tables. One pile $100.00. Next pile $110.00. Next pile $125.00 take your pick. We would walk by saying "who wants a m10". Castaways from another time. Unwanted then but valued and relied upon in their time, fondly remembered now. I know I'm telling stories after school. It is a little special to me. It is a connection to a passed time in my life and a birth year gun for me. Now every year on my birthday me and this m10 is gonna go shooting as part of the festivities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love the old Smiths!

I've always wanted to get a nice S&W made in my birth year, 1962. Someday I will!

In my golden years I have really fallen hard for the tools I used forty years ago. I have been carrying my brace of model 10's a lot recently. I have a skinny barrel 4 inch and 2 inch in the house. They often spend time at the range or near at hand for personal defense. Something I can not explain in this world of plastic and lottabullets.

Got my eye on a 3 inch bull barrel and pair of 5 screw models in 5 and 6 inch barrel lengths.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    My new old 5" pre-M10 M&P:

Attachment 7356
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    I had a nickel plated 4" 10-5 that was pretty nice. Awesome trigger on that gun.

Quote Originally Posted by FotoTomas View Post
    Got my eye on a 3 inch bull barrel . . . .
    2.5-3 inch barrel K frames are some of the nicest revolvers out there, and are going up in value fast.

Site Supporter
    My 4" RB 10-5 is the last revolver I would part with if things were desperate. Carried it both on and off duty thirty-plus years ago and is my current "tux" gun when playing music jobs.
    I would almost kill for a 3" RB version but refuse to pay the current prices they bring.
    Last edited by deputyG23; 04-25-2016 at 08:48 PM.

Good grab, SS.

Nostalgia is one thing- and I'm with you 100% there- but something else very few people are paying attention to is the distinct possibility that, soon after The HildeBeast is crowned, these are all that we subjects will be allowed to possess; if that. After a multitude of polite smiles, dismissive looks, and eye rolls, I don't mention this anymore to friends/acquaintances. I hope I'm wrong; I really do... both about that evil cunt getting elected, and what will follow if she does.

But if I'm not, I've got mine. The rest can play The Panic Game.

I'll play.

Name:  IMG_0874.jpg
Views: 1325
Size:  49.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Good grab, SS.

Nostalgia is one thing- and I'm with you 100% there- but something else very few people are paying attention to is the distinct possibility that, soon after The HildeBeast is crowned, these are all that we subjects will be allowed to possess;
    ^This^ "Semi-automatics" have long been on things the antis want to ban, and if she wins the Senate and House, she will be able to swing the balance on the Supreme Court immediately. Out goes Heller, in comes a "collective," and hence meaningless, right and they will ban or restrict everything they can before the 2018 election might swing the House again.

Revolvers are as safe a handgun as possible. Yes, they want to ban them also, but are less likely to do so up front.

I hope that nothing happens, and maybe that is the better bet, but even a 25% chance of a ban happening is far too much.

User Tag List