Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Smith m10

My current model 10-7 blue steel and skinny 4" barrel is my go to revolver for the local gun club ICORE and IDPA matches. Bone stock with the well worn numbered grips. Smooth double action and my LEOSA qualification revolver as well. Something about this revolver makes me feel good when I strap her on for a match or a day of concealed carry. I am very happy with my retro revolver when most of my local shooting buddies have never fired or owned a wheel gun.

Same here. Most look at you like your one of the dinosaurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bill

Site Supporter
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 2412
Size:  75.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Tap on the photo to open it, then in the upper right corner tap on "edit". You can then rotate, resize, and do some other things to it. If you have an iPhone 7, you can probably do more to it than I can with my old iPhone 4.
    Genius!

Quote Originally Posted by w provence View Post
    Same here. Most look at you like your one of the dinosaurs.

Right up to the point where you blow the X ring out of the target.

That usually shuts them up.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Right up to the point where you blow the X ring out of the target.

That usually shuts them up.
    And those old Smiths just tear the guts out of the 10 and X rings on a B-8. As Pat would've said, "life is good" and I think he included S&W K-frame performance in that statement.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    And those old Smiths just tear the guts out of the 10 and X rings on a B-8.
    Absolutely correct. The K-frames I've owned are amazingly accurate. Do you have a favorite Smith K-frame model as far as accuracy goes? I'm partial to the Model 19 myself.

I use to have an old skinny barrel mod 10 back in the 80's. It was the most accurate pistol I've owned.

Bill

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Absolutely correct. The K-frames I've owned are amazingly accurate. Do you have a favorite Smith K-frame model as far as accuracy goes? I'm partial to the Model 19 myself.
    Model 19s and 15s are great and I prefer the 15 just because it's chambered in .38 Special and therefore doesn't leave that nasty ring that shooting .38 ammo in a .357 Magnum does. Accuracy with both is stellar.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Model 19s and 15s are great and I prefer the 15 just because it's chambered in .38 Special and therefore doesn't leave that nasty ring that shooting .38 ammo in a .357 Magnum does. Accuracy with both is stellar.
    That is what a lot of semi-auto only guys don't get--the incredible accuracy of S&W revolvers. When I explain to them that a decent shooter with a revolver will be able to hit the slow fire NRA target (not the B8's) 10 ring nine times out of ten at 25 yards they can't believe it's possible. I wish PPC would come back to my area so new shooters would understand just how much accuracy is possible.

Site Supporter
    Not to mention the improved sight picture over the fixed sight guns for post-40 year old eyeballs.
    Last edited by deputyG23; 03-03-2017 at 01:29 PM.

User Tag List