Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry rotation. What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I think which is which depends on how many pages of the calendar you turn/cases of ammo you consume? Like, if I had a passion for an AIWB P320 this morning because it was comfortable while I was jogging, and a 25-2 this afternoon because I just got a new crossdraw holster in, and a Luger in a vertical shoulder holster tonight because it would make me feel all secret agent at the Jazz Kitchen...?
    That sounds like a good day to me. Practical? No. But a good day none the less.

That's just my guess, though. For a definitive answer, you'll have to consult the shadowy approval/disapproval committee.
    The approval committee in my head is exceptionally shadowy. They appear to be in league with the OCD Committee. Together those committees want something like every single gun to be identical with identical holsters, magazines perfectly lined up, numbered, in groups of five. Every single round of ammunition would be exactly the same. And everything would be organized to fit into ammunition cans and gun safes with perfect foam cutouts.

Unfortunately for the the OCD-Approval Committee alliance, Nostalgia, Anachronism, and Hipster have formed a super-committee and keep ruining the opportunities for OCD-Approval to win.

Wait...did I just write that all out? Hmm...

Site Supporter
    If I didn't get bored so easily I'd probably be a much better shooter...

my mind alternates between the mindset of "Shooting well is a reward in itself" and "life is too short to be shooting ugly guns."

God help me.

Site Supporter
    Three sizes of .40 Glock are my EDC 95% of the time. Prefer the G22 when my clothing can accommodate it. Smith 442 as a primary 4% and 4" M10 1%.
    May go to 17/19/26 if my work cuts off extra .40 ammo for personally owned off duty guns. This is a distinct possibly due to budget cuts.
    My P228, Beretta 92 compact, 1911s, and 3"M29 are range guns only.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    If I didn't get bored so easily I'd probably be a much better shooter...

my mind alternates between the mindset of "Shooting well is a reward in itself" and "life is too short to be shooting ugly guns."

God help me.
    We should hang out sometime, man. I know exactly how you feel.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Latka Gravas View Post
    Since retiring in 2017 I have pretty much determined what my carry rotation will be. Shield Plus, P365, Hellcat and the CR920 are pretty much what I go to.
    Why would you rotate among them, especially since they overlap so much in size and capabilities?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Why would you rotate among them, especially since they overlap so much in size and capabilities?
    Because I can and I like all of them and enjoy carrying and shooting them all. I'm no longer restricted by policy.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Latka Gravas View Post
    Because I can and I like all of them and enjoy carrying and shooting them all. I'm no longer restricted by policy.
    I like shooting different guns, too. (Which is good, I guess, given the line of work I wound up in. ) But I do confess being a little puzzled at the idea of enjoying carrying different small plastic strikergats.

Once it’s in the holster, how can you tell you’re carrying the Shield Plus versus the P365?

I’ll confess that my opinions were kinda nudged by the dude who founded this forum. But, hey, different strokes for different folks.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I like shooting different guns, too. (Which is good, I guess, given the line of work I wound up in. ) But I do confess being a little puzzled at the idea of enjoying carrying different small plastic strikergats.

Once it’s in the holster, how can you tell you’re carrying the Shield Plus versus the P365?

I’ll confess that my opinions were kinda nudged by the dude who founded this forum. But, hey, different strokes for different folks.
    Actually I can tell the difference. I shoot the gun I carry. I shoot at least once a week with a group of retired guys. So I carry one until I get bored with it and rotate to the next one......

Site Supporter

Hell I have a hard enough time trying to keep a level of proficiency with just my 1911s let alone throwing another type of pistol with different ergos and controls into the mix.

Carry rotations must be some pretty advanced stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Hell I have a hard enough time trying to keep a level of proficiency with just my 1911s let alone throwing another type of pistol with different ergos and controls into the mix.

Carry rotations must be some pretty advanced stuff.
    There is nothing advanced or hard at all about being proficient with a variety of firearms that are of the same general manual of arms. One 10 shot, 3" barrel striker fired gun isn't much different from another 10 shot, 3" barrel. It is very much like you trying to keep up with your 1911's.......no?

User Tag List