Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shorting the practice/match performance gap.

The speed your shooting in those videos look fine to me. I'd work on grip and trigger control of it 'twas me. Still lookin good though. The guys who are your age at my club don't shoot near as good lol
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I've been struggling with this my whole time shooting competitively. At home im awesome (in my own mind) At a match I suck.

Possible solution!? Punish yourself!
    I do this a lot, but the punishment is more of a quirky thing to help figure out the issue:

Example, bury a target into the hard cover on 12 yard partial? Ok... How about you transition hard under time pressure from a static steel to a 20 yard hard partial and force yourself through that situation. OK, Now do it one handed. Ok, Now do it in the par, one handed proned-out.

I flow through my drills, then assess penalties when I goof up - constantly mixing the type of penalties = goofy positions, goofy engagement order, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    The speed your shooting in those videos look fine to me. I'd work on grip and trigger control of it 'twas me. Still lookin good though. The guys who are your age at my club don't shoot near as good lol
    Yup. I'm figuring out my grip isn't hard enough, which impacts trigger.

User Tag List