Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 161: Five Second Standard

Walther PPS M2 in a Stoner's Leather holster concealed AIWB under a loose fitting pullover.

Clean at 7 and 10 yards but took two tries. 15 yards was a FAIL.

Very new to AIWB carry so I'm very careful drawing (i.e., slow). In that sense, this drill was good because of the long par time.

Also new to me is the PPS, I've only had it for 10 days. Shoots similar to my VP9 but the small size is taking some getting used to.

Shot this today at the end of a practice session. I used a Walther P99 with Trijicon HD sights, JMCK IWB holster and a closed front shirt as concealment garment.

7 yard was easy. At 10 yards I yanked a shot, so (embarrassingly) it took two tries. Beyond that, I hadn't measured distances at yards so I moved back to 15 meters (16.4 yards). Unfortunately, in every. Single. Try. I managed to yank one shot outside of the A zone. Did four tries and called it quits.

I was never, except for one bad one-handed draw, anywhere near the par time. All failures were failures to manipulate the trigger cleanly. I had been baked in the surprisingly warm sunshine for a couple of hours at that point and I just lost my concentration. I should be able to do better than this.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Equipment used (pistol, holster, optional concealment garment if one was used): Agency Arms/SSVi custom G17 w/Trijicon RM06 RMR (3.25moa dot). RCS Eidolon (AIWB) concealed under t-shirt.

Furthest distance successfully completed: 15yds clean/under time. At 20yds I pulled my first shot during the from the draw/holster string into the "C" zone.

Anything you noticed: Should have cleaned @ 20yds but I had a hitch during my draw which helped cause me to drop my first shot.
    Last edited by NickDrak; 05-02-2016 at 03:30 AM.

Equipment, G19 w/ RMR, Blackpoint OWB holster w/no concealment garment.

Was clean to 20 yards, then ganked a SHO shot, knew it when the shot broke. Ran it out to 25 regardless and focused hard on clean trigger breaks.

The RMR makes good shots over 10-15 yards very easy, up close it slows me down when I fight to find the dot, dont think this is new information.

And sorry if this is inappropriate for a first post, was sent here by my pistolero bud

Equipment: Beretta Elite II. Blade-Tech OWB holster and belt.

I crapped out at 10 yards, shanking a SHO shot low left. Pissed, I re-shot it clean, and then cleaned 15 yards. I failed at 25 yards....twice.

Video:
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 05-08-2016 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acpjunkie View Post
    And sorry if this is inappropriate for a first post, was sent here by my pistolero bud
    Not at all. Welcome!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Made it to 25 yds and dropped 2Cs on SHO. All shots fired in under 2.5s each string.

Sig p320 GGI
    USPSA Production rig
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Made it to 25 yds and dropped 2Cs on SHO. All shots fired in under 2.5s each string.

Sig p320 GGI
    USPSA Production rig
    Nice.

I've developed a bit of a knack for SHO and WHO slowfire at 25 yards. Say shooting 5 on a B8 and scoring in the low 40's consistently and regularly mid-high 40's, always with a few 10s. But this drill is eating my lunch when I speed up SHO.

I ran it several times yesterday and after about four tries at 10 yds I finally passed. LOL First shot always alpha, 2nd always charlie due left of the alpha.

Gives me new stuff to work on.
    Last edited by JHC; 05-10-2016 at 07:29 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Wilson CQB Commander .45, blazer brass, polo, milt sparks EX-RSO, B8 repair. Pulled three shots low on the freestyle draw at 15, trying to catch up from a flubbed draw. Went ahead and shot the SHO clean.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Equipment used: Glock 22 with 9mm conversion, CompTac OWB holster, vest
    Furthest distance successfully completed: 25 yards after a few attempts
    Anything you noticed: Two handed was relatively easy when the eyes co-operated, one handed needs a lot of work. For the most part had plenty of time just tended to go too fast and did not get good sight focus.

User Tag List