Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 4: Bill Drill

Quote Originally Posted by st34 View Post
    It would be nice if you used your issued pistol.
    Just for you.

Shot today with issued S&W 5946 DAO, Gould & Goodrich leather thumb break holster, open carry, and Winchester Super Unleaded 147gr ammo.

Score - 29/30 Blew the one shot during the last string. Pretty sure it was first round during the press out, I was trying to speed up the draw and first shot.
    Total time - 14.7 seconds

First shots were fired at 1.81, 1.89, 1.75, 1.62, 1.59, and total time for each string was 3.14, 3.19, 2.95, 2.76, 2.66.

• Target used: ptc
    • Start position: g19rtf2, concealed, 4oclock, ss2, closed front shirt
    • Number of hits out of 30: 27
    • Total time: 20.96

I've got a big problem with consistency, my runs were between 3.41 and 4.72. I think it's basically a question of confidence. All my first shots were under 2s, so that's nice. =)
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

I did this drill a bunch of times yesterday and today. The results were all pretty similar, though this was the best run by a very little bit. The lighting wasn't great, and between that and attentional lapses, there were a few moments where I wasn't noticing the front sight like I wanted to. I've been running plain black sights lately. Maybe I should try it again with sights with a more high visibility front and see if it makes any difference for me on this drill. It's still a feat of mental discipline for me to track the sights regardless of what the sights look like. In any case...

I ran this on an IPSC target, with delusions of confining myself to the upper half of the A zone. Didn't keep them that tight, but at least I didn't put any in the really really low part of the A zone.

Concealed with a closed-front t-shirt, AIWB, hands hanging naturally at sides, Gen3 G34, stock except the mag catch and Ameriglo Defoor sights.

26/30 hits (87%)

Total time was 9.80 seconds

String 1: .93 first shot/1.96 total/1 out
    String 2: .99 first shot/2.00 total/1 out
    String 3: 1.03 first shot/2.04 total/1 out
    String 4: .95 first shot/1.93 total/1 out
    String 5: .90 first shot/1.87 total/clean

The timer was picking up echoes mid-string, so I didn't bother with the split times, but they ranged from .15 to .25.

Those runs are pretty typical for me. I usually get it done just under or just over 2 seconds, and very often drop one shot, sometimes two, and sometimes clean.

[IMG] Bill_Drill_87 by [url=http://www.flickr.com[/IMG]

Awesome shooting man!!!!!!! Some day Ill grow up and be abel to shoot that FAST
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Site Supporter
    Gen3 17
    CCC Shaggy
    Untucked Polo
    FAST Target Circle

2.40 -1 w/ 1.34 First
    2.38 -1 w/ 1.48 First
    2.38 -1 w/ 1.48 First
    2.46 -0 w/ 1.52 First
    2.39 -0 w/ 1.37 First

12.01s - 27/30 Hits

I used a Gen 3 G19 w/RMR02 today to fire 315 rounds. All shots were fired from concealed carry using a Fricke Gideon holster covered with a vest. Started the day with a successful cold run of the Defoor Pistol test #3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wugfo...eature=related). Ran a couple of FAST drills, including my all time best clean FAST score of 5.77 sec using a G19 w/RDS. Then I ran the DOW #4 Bill Drill several times; the best clean run was a 15.07 sec on the FAST target 8" circle. Attachment 225
    I was curious if a pistol with a better trigger would make any difference, so I also ran the test once with a LAV customized SA 1911 sporting an XS Big Dot front sight and wide notch rear sight drawn from an Alessi AIWB holster--got 14.87 sec, but missed with 2 shots. Went back to the G19 and finished the day with a 459 score on the 500 pt aggregate drill. Today's results yet again reinforced that a Glock trigger (Glock "-" connector and stock trigger return spring) is no hindrance to accurate and rapid practical shooting. It also proved the viability of an RDS equipped pistol for both long range accuracy, as well as close range speed work.

Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    Concealed with a closed-front t-shirt, AIWB, hands hanging naturally at sides, Gen3 G34, stock except the mag catch and Ameriglo Defoor sights.

26/30 hits (87%)

Total time was 9.80 seconds

String 1: .93 first shot/1.96 total/1 out
    String 2: .99 first shot/2.00 total/1 out
    String 3: 1.03 first shot/2.04 total/1 out
    String 4: .95 first shot/1.93 total/1 out
    String 5: .90 first shot/1.87 total/clean

The timer was picking up echoes mid-string, so I didn't bother with the split times, but they ranged from .15 to .25.

Those runs are pretty typical for me. I usually get it done just under or just over 2 seconds, and very often drop one shot, sometimes two, and sometimes clean.
    You were drawing a G34 from an appendix IWB from under a tshirt with sub 1 second draws and sub 2 second bill drills? Wow! You need to post some video.

Quote Originally Posted by EmanP View Post
    You were drawing a G34 from an appendix IWB from under a tshirt with sub 1 second draws and sub 2 second bill drills? Wow! You need to post some video.
    Here ya go.
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...A.S.T.)/page11

I really think OrigamiAK could be a holy terror on the USPSA circuit.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    Here ya go.
    Not all of us have the same # of threads per page, so page links often don't work (it didn't for me). But this will:
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post20201

Thanks JV!!!!

User Tag List