Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEOSA in NY state

LEOSA in NY state

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

I understand this didn't happen in NYC but this is how NYC (and probably Westchester) view LEOSA. They have a lovely link emphasizing limitations of LEOSA:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...ing_hr_218.pdf

The ex-commish's reported attitude is what got him jammed up. It read like he was acting like an ass...which never bodes well for anyone involved in a LE contact.

ETA: from the other link it appears he is a douche...and possibly a felon. Wonder who he called?
    Last edited by KeeFus; 04-21-2016 at 08:14 PM.

Site Supporter
    Westchester is contiguous to NYC - it is the first county north of Da Bronx.

NY state residents including retired LEO's need a NY state or NYC pistol permit merely to possess a handgun. The only exception is active LEO's and on duty military including national guard.

LEOSA allows qualifying LEO's from other states to carry their lawfully owned handguns but wouldn't a retired LEO who is a NY resident still need to have a NY pistol permit to own or possess a handgun, separate from LEOSA's authority to carry?

I know LEOSA does not cover everything, like standard capacity magazines, and I know you could not buy a handgun in NY with just a LEOSA ID.

Plus don't you need both you both your retired/LEOSA ID and proof you've qualified on your state of residence's course of fire within the past year ?

Sounds like he was a douche.

The are a few states that I have no desire to visit. NY, NJ and CA are at the top o' the list.

Plus don't you need both you both your retired/LEOSA ID and proof you've qualified on your state of residence's course of fire within the past year ?
    Yes you do.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Think they will throw in an extra charge or two since he was carrying a .380, and at PF, we don't go out in public with just a .380?

Wonder what the coverage would have been like if he had a Glock Rowland, S&W Pro BUG and a clinch pick on.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Think they will throw in an extra charge or two since he was carrying a .380, and at PF, we don't go out in public with just a .380?

Wonder what the coverage would have been like if he had a Glock Rowland, S&W Pro BUG and a clinch pick on.
    George,

You lived in CT, you know they wouldn't even know what any of that was. The coverage would likely say he had "an Uzi".

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

LEOSA allows qualifying LEO's from other states to carry their lawfully owned handguns but wouldn't a retired LEO who is a NY resident still need to have a NY pistol permit to own or possess a handgun, separate from LEOSA's authority to carry?

I know LEOSA does not cover everything, like standard capacity magazines, and I know you could not buy a handgun in NY with just a LEOSA ID.
    Good question. I know for normal residents all handguns are actually printed on your permit and registered to it. I don't believe a person is allowed to possess a handgun that is not on their permit. I don't know if retired Leo are exempt from that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Lawsuit claiming anti-black bias to follow forthwith . . .

User Tag List