Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So, I did it again......

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    A police trade in regular Beretta with some Crimson trace grips. The place where it was at, the Colt was a dud and wouldn't sell. They will move the Beretta with the laser to a "Zombie Hunter" much faster.
    You are a bad human being

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Those grips are indeed hideous. I normally hate rubber grips of any kind, but this is one time I found the Colt rubbers to be superior. When compared to the old Colt action I never had much use for the MkIII's and V's. I can't believe what they're going for now. However, I always had a hankering for a Lawman. I thought they were cool beans. Not mine, but I wish it was.

Book of tears on my Lawman. A friend still has it along with my 3" Python......

Grips....Colt grips don't fit me...period. I just found some cool black walnut Altamonts done for Colt. Be here Tues.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    You are a bad human being
    Thank You....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Grips....Colt grips don't fit me...period. I just found some cool black walnut Altamonts done for Colt. Be here Tues.

Thank You....
    I filed and sanded on several set of Colt wood grips way back when. It improved them quite a bit. Gun shops often had several sets of factory Smith and Colt grips in a box for $15 or $20 a set. Wasn't a big deal to carve them up to suite.

3" Python?! What, did he slip you roofies or something?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Traded a Beretta 92 for a 6" Colt Trooper Mk V. Now why would I get one of these....
    Here are two guesses:

1. Because you wanted to trade a semi whose DA trigger tends to stack for a revolver whose trigger tends to stack?

2. Because you immediately doubled your money? (At least where I live that Trooper would command almost twice the Beretta's price. Lots of used Beretta 92's here--very few Colts).

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar

Thank You....
    If we were able to convert the collective envy of P-F for your revolver collection into mechanical energy, we could power a turbine that would provide enough electricity for a small city.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    3" Python?! What, did he slip you roofies or something?
    I thought I was a genius. Bought the gun and made $300 in one day.......thing is NIB and letters.....likely worth 10-12,000 now...I wasn't as smart as I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Here are two guesses:

1. Because you wanted to trade a semi whose DA trigger tends to stack for a revolver whose trigger tends to stack?

2. Because you immediately doubled your money? (At least where I live that Trooper would command almost twice the Beretta's price. Lots of used Beretta 92's here--very few Colts).
    Kind of funny. The trigger pull on the Colt is heavy but smooth. It is a shorter action and at least uses parts that can get worked on. It could have a great trigger. I ll post a picture later this afternoon at my real motivation for getting that particular Colt (although Lt. Castillo did play a bit of motivation).

Many places are different on what sells. The Colt in some places would bring $1500 plus. In others.....cannot give it away. My best revolver buys tend to be in store's where Serpa's, Springfield XD's and Zombie targets and Frankenstein AR's are the norm. As soon as I see a counter guy with an XD in a Fobus...I am scouring the used revolvers. Other places like a Jackson Armory and some of the other places with an older and more affluent clientele will get better money for investment grade stuff or more obscure guns, while a run of the mill Springfield XD will sit.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Uhhh, a Colt Trooper wouldn't sell at your local gunshop? I need to live where you live...

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk
    Same here. The only revolvers that don't move around here are clapped out or Taurus, but I repeat myself.

Chris

As soon as I see a counter guy with an XD in a Fobus...I am scouring the used revolvers. Other places like a Jackson Armory and some of the other places with an older and more affluent clientele will get better money for investment grade stuff or more obscure guns, while a run of the mill Springfield XD will sit.
    I'd bet (but not much) I know where you got that.

As soon as I see a counter guy with an XD in a Fobus...I am scouring the used revolvers
    Laughed so loud I scared the dog!

For Colt revolvers, my weak spot is the 4" original Trooper. Prefer the looks of them over the Python even, and I have a 4" 1970's era Python.

User Tag List