Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IDPA & Calibers - Thread Split

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    You're one of many. There are a lot of guys that have .40's 10mm's etc. that want to run against the 1911's. I don't really understand the logic behind the ruling. Unless it's preservation?
    Back when this issue came up 10 years ago, I bought a .400 CorBon barrel and dies and challenged all the 10mm guys to show up at the Nationals with their 10mms to show me what they've got. What a waste of money; not a one had enough balls to stand and deliver. I was the only one at the 2001 Nationals with that flavor of gun. The 10mm never was competitive and never will be. They're no worse off in ESP than they were in CDP. It was all about 'mine is bigger (more powerful) than yours.'

Those loudmouths were no better than the Occupiers; just rabble rousers full of hot air.

The Pathetic Ancient Religion at its worst.

Joyce Wilson sent out an email this week about "Tiger Teams" that will be reviewing the rule book along with some other things. Of course this has led to threads on many boards. Perhaps the most often suggested rule change is CDP being based on power factor instead the lone specific caliber.

You know, I used to want to see .40 get moved to CDP, but to be frank I've come around on that one. I'd much rather leave CDP to the .45s and let the other calibers stay where they are.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that one of the projects I'm working on next year is an entire year of CDP using a Gen 4 Glock 21.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    You know, I used to want to see .40 get moved to CDP, but to be frank I've come around on that one. I'd much rather leave CDP to the .45s and let the other calibers stay where they are.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that one of the projects I'm working on next year is an entire year of CDP using a Gen 4 Glock 21.
    Does that include. 45 GAP?
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post

The .40SW holds no interest for me regardless of what division it is in, but I was searching for a CDP pistol recently, and I read your G21 vs. M&P45 work with interest as I recently went through the same decision process. While I am a "Glock guy", I went with the M&P45 with an Apex sear. I'll add the RAM when it is released. The G21 in each of the available configurations was just too big for my hands. I could manage the 30SF somewhat, but the M&P 45 fits me nicely.

Check out the triggers from www.GlockTriggers.com as part of your project.

Disclosure: I have done some technical writing and marketing work for GlockTriggers.com.

I have to say, I am really liking the Gen4 G21 so far.

One of my suggestions on the IDPA forum was to include 40, 10mm, etc in CDP and to raise the PF for that division. Mouse fart rounds really piss me off...if you're gonna shoot a .45 (aka manly pistol) then be a man and shoot full power ammo. And it does upset the 1911 guys when someone using an M&P/Glock wins in CDP.

GFA's should be included into SSP since Glock is now making a beavertail for the Gen 4's.

Quote Originally Posted by jlweems View Post
    Joyce Wilson sent out an email this week about "Tiger Teams" that will be reviewing the rule book along with some other things. Of course this has led to threads on many boards. Perhaps the most often suggested rule change is CDP being based on power factor instead the lone specific caliber.
    The co-leader of the tiger team project SO's at my local matches and I heard him discussing this with another shooter yesterday. Don't quote me but I think he said they'd shy away from a major /minor system because of the scoring. They did discuss some alternatives (which I didn't get to hear), so I'd guess it's come up enough already that it will get looked at.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Garner View Post
    One of my suggestions on the IDPA forum was to include 40, 10mm, etc in CDP and to raise the PF for that division. Mouse fart rounds really piss me off...if you're gonna shoot a .45 (aka manly pistol) then be a man and shoot full power ammo. And it does upset the 1911 guys when someone using an M&P/Glock wins in CDP.

GFA's should be included into SSP since Glock is now making a beavertail for the Gen 4's.
    I do think the PF for CDP should be 170 at least, no more of this nancy-boy 165 PF.

Site Supporter
    This thread was split from the Grip Force IDPA thread.

User Tag List