Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IDPA & Calibers - Thread Split

IDPA & Calibers - Thread Split

IDPA is a great organization and a well organized league. Don't ever threaten the 1911's though. Remember all the flap about 10mm and .400 Corbon's competing in CDP?
    Last edited by JV_; 10-24-2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: thread split
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    IDPA is a great organization and a well organized league. Don't ever threaten the 1911's though. Remember all the flap about 10mm and .400 Corbon's competing in CDP?
    They are just scared of the GAP...

Quote Originally Posted by jlweems View Post
    They are just scared of the GAP...
    As well they should be....
    Julius Caesar

I have pondered this question and feel that you'd be okay with this setup at a local Match but a Sanctioned Match you'd be playing the odds of legality to shoot in SSP. It would be up to individual MD interpretation until Robert Ray provides guidance from IDPA HQ.

As well they should be....
    I would dearly love to run my GAPs against the 1911 crowd. Even more, I'd love to see Sevigny running a 37 against the 1911 crowd.

I see no reason not to allow anything that makes major power factor in CDP. CDP would just be ESP with major. Of course, I don't run the show.

Bill Wilson was pretty adament that this was their game, their rules, if you don't like it, go start your own game elsewhere.

I understand that and play along accordingly... sort of. I disagree with a lot of the rulings they have made in the past few years, as well as the methodology in posting those rulings. But, it's not my game, I just show up to play with my ball.

JLWeems,

You're one of many. There are a lot of guys that have .40's 10mm's etc. that want to run against the 1911's. I don't really understand the logic behind the ruling. Unless it's preservation?

Wheeler
    Julius Caesar

JLWeems,

You're one of many. There are a lot of guys that have .40's 10mm's etc. that want to run against the 1911's. I don't really understand the logic behind the ruling. Unless it's preservation?

Wheeler
    Fear.

At the time, I dont think Wilson made a 10mm gun. It was self preservation!

I'm going to back up on what I said earlier. (JLWeems, write this down). I think that IDPA does not want a major/minor system like USPSA/IPSC. Even though the break between the two has been several years ago, from what I can tell there are still some pretty strong feelings, at least on the IDPA side of things.
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List