Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk Speedloaders and Deploying Them From Concealement

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    I'm resurrecting this thread from the dead to bring up the results of a recent experiment. I've been wearing my speedloaders in leather belt pouches with winter clothing, but we've had some comfortable weather here lately that's allowed me to experiment with concealment under some of my lighter shirts.

Safariland CD-2 carrying a Comp-1 IWB. Positioned close enough to the holster to prevent a pressure point but far enough away that a thumb and finger can pop the holder out without any hassle. Surprisingly viable. It beats carrying a speedstrip alone or dealing with a lumpy pouch in a pocket.
    Thanks!

I've been looking for something similar. Like you mentioned below, I kept coming across the revolverguy.com article and not much else.

Chris

Just ordered one of those safariland metal holders. Hopefully it'll fit with my belt buckle.

Quote Originally Posted by JTMcC View Post
    When people write about speedloaders being like a "soup can" on the belt, I just shake my head.
    LOL the same people claim to have zero discomfort carrying double stack magazines shaped like bricks.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Just ordered one of those safariland metal holders. Hopefully it'll fit with my belt buckle.
    Just got home and got my safariland carrier. Wow. What a great way to use that little pocket ahead of the holster.

Unfortunately the only way to grab it is by the knob. Ill have to try some reloading to see how that works for me.

Site Supporter
    Just got home and got my safariland carrier. Wow. What a great way to use that little pocket ahead of the holster.

Unfortunately the only way to grab it is by the knob. Ill have to try some reloading to see how that works for me.
    Safariland comp series releases by the inside button - might be worth a consideration if you don't already use them.

I place mine just over a thumb width away from the holster mouth after some experimentation, and the holster sits higher. It's really helped me out to drag my thumb to hit the holster mouth and then drop down to grab.

Maiden CCW voyage with the DS10’s (317) last night. Driving, playing with toddler, being used as a jungle gym and hanging out. No deformity to any of the rounds and they all stayed in place. So far so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

If you give yourself a little space between holster and carrier, you can get a full grip on the loader and rounds.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    If you give yourself a little space between holster and carrier, you can get a full grip on the loader and rounds.
    If its to far away from the holster then its not in that little pocket and digs into my stomach. We'll see. I can't really make a call untill i get some more use out of it.

If its to far away from the holster then its not in that little pocket and digs into my stomach. We'll see. I can't really make a call untill i get some more use out of it.
    You know, the thing about holsters, mags, cuffs, etc. is that everyone's body is different. What might work for my fat posterior, probably is not going to work for you. That's why all of us experienced gun toters have the "Box 'O Holsters".

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    You know, the thing about holsters, mags, cuffs, etc. is that everyone's body is different. What might work for my fat posterior, probably is not going to work for you.
    Still experimenting with AWIB and bought a JMCK for my SP-101. Put it on where I see many folks here positioning them and it was pretty unworkable. Moved it back on the other side of the belt loop and it fell into a pocket between my paunch and hip and just disappeared

User Tag List