Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk Speedloaders and Deploying Them From Concealement

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    Do you have a link to the manufacturer?
    Here you go.
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Ho...e/Default.aspx

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    I'm thinking of trying one of these. My buddy has one and it seems to work well for him and it conceal very well also.

That is the best way I have seen to carry a speedloader. I am disappointed that they appear to be made only for 5 shot revolvers.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I just use the speedloader/speed strip pocket that comes with my Duluth shorts.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Interested to see comments about this.

I mostly pocket carry a J, no holster, in Carhartt right front pockets. A Safariland loader in the same pocket helps keep the gun from moving around. A speed strip in the watch pocket gives some extra loads. Have worked carpentry with this and had little trouble. Other than the front sight wearing a hole in the pocket. One or two repairs gets me through the life of the pants, though Ive heard they recently started using heavier material in the pockets. I was going to start getting the pockets remade with canvas, but that may not be necessary.
    When I get a new pair of pants I fold an iron-on patch over the bottom of the pocket, iron it to the outside of the pocket then trim the corners to fit. I don't pocket carry but keys, knife & the other stuff trends to wear a hole in cotton pockets in due time.

Has anyone tried anything like this before?

Name:  Pocket Speedloader400.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  54.1 KB

A full review of the Jox pouch has been on my extended to do list, but they are very GTG.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    A full review of the Jox pouch has been on my extended to do list, but they are very GTG.
    Those Jox pouch look like the way to go. I like the vertical carry versus the horizontal carry like me the Crossbreed ones I mentioned. I'd be interested in reading your review.

I wanted to add that on occasion when I shoot IDPA, after the match I carry my 4" revolver of the day with a Safariland speed loader pouch on the belt behind the revolver. I have a single model for a Safariland Comp I and a double model for a pair of Comp IIs. These are the type where the speed loader sits on the belt and the pouch wraps around the speed loader for security.I do not find it a problem with reaching behind the holster for a reload where the concealability is superior.

I'm resurrecting this thread from the dead to bring up the results of a recent experiment. I've been wearing my speedloaders in leather belt pouches with winter clothing, but we've had some comfortable weather here lately that's allowed me to experiment with concealment under some of my lighter shirts.

Name:  5PBCMzE.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  89.5 KB

Safariland CD-2 carrying a Comp-1 IWB. Positioned close enough to the holster to prevent a pressure point but far enough away that a thumb and finger can pop the holder out without any hassle. Surprisingly viable. It beats carrying a speedstrip alone or dealing with a lumpy pouch in a pocket.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    I'm resurrecting this thread from the dead to bring up the results of a recent experiment. I've been wearing my speedloaders in leather belt pouches with winter clothing, but we've had some comfortable weather here lately that's allowed me to experiment with concealment under some of my lighter shirts.

Name:  5PBCMzE.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  89.5 KB

Safariland CD-2 carrying a Comp-1 IWB. Positioned close enough to the holster to prevent a pressure point but far enough away that a thumb and finger can pop the holder out without any hassle. Surprisingly viable. It beats carrying a speedstrip alone or dealing with a lumpy pouch in a pocket.
    Pretty much what I do, as shown in the "what revolvers are you carrying" thread:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....100#post933896
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List