Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MPD...dry firing at another cop in a surprise training session...WT actual F?

Let me perfectly frank about this. Back when I was in the Military and then after when In Law enforcement before retirement, had someone done that to me; I would have taken the gun and pistol whipped the hell out of him and the took the gun and shoved it up the Sergeants a** that ordered it!

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I was involved in an investigation wherein a member of the military, on deployment to a combat zone, had developed the habit of "dry firing" his M9 at other unit members, followed by "weapon take away" training. This became a spontaneous thing the service member did whenever, apparently, he was bored. Until the day that he took his "unloaded" M9 out of his holster and "dry fired it" at another service member, and, literally, shot the other member in the head.

Angels intervened, luckily, and the Victim "only" lost his left eye - the bullet traveling through his eye socket and out his right cheek.

This kind of fucktard behavior can LITERALLY get people killed. The Sgt who proposed it, and officer who "followed instructions" in this matter should both be retrained SEVERELY, if not terminated for cause.
    I hope the book was thrown at the shitbird.

A vertical butt stroke may have been administered to a troop who thought faking a "lunge" at his squad leader -- with magazine inserted -- was amusing...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Firearms safety aside, I'd never have been the guy to pull the trigger because I would expect to get my gun shoved down my throat at the minimum or shot fourteen times in the chest at the maximum.

As for repercussions, I expect none.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

When I think of the possible consequences of that roll call scenario, I keep hearing Gunnery Sergeant Hartman screaming "Why aren't you stomping his gut's out?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ntexwheels View Post
    Let me perfectly frank about this. Back when I was in the Military and then after when In Law enforcement before retirement, had someone done that to me; I would have taken the gun and pistol whipped the hell out of him and the took the gun and shoved it up the Sergeants a** that ordered it!
    I have a certain reputation within my agency where no one would ever remotely think of doing that to me, they know at the very least they'd need a colostomy bag when I was done with them. They've all heard stories like the time I chased a captain through troop headquarters after his Gumplike decision making almost got me killed on a SWAT op. That kind of behavior made my career ladder peak pretty early, but god damn, nearly everyone has a story about me. If nothing else I've provided entertainment value over the years.

At the very least the sergeant should be fired and the officer should be charged with his jurisdictions version of misdemeanor battery.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 04-20-2016 at 09:25 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I have a certain reputation within my agency where no one would ever remotely think of doing that to me, they know at the very least they'd need a colostomy bag when I was done with them. They've all heard stories like the time I chased a captain through troop headquarters after his Gumplike decision making almost got me killed on a SWAT op. That kind of behavior made my career ladder peak pretty early, but god damn, nearly everyone has a story about me. If nothing else I've provided entertainment value over the years.

At the very least the sergeant should be fired and the officer should be charged with his jurisdictions version of misdemeanor battery.
    I know where of you speak. I had and still have a similar reputation. I do NOT act kindly toward utter stupidity.

So could the officer that was the "target" file charges against the other officer that "dry fired" at him? Just to prove a point if nothing else?
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    So could the officer that was the "target" file charges against the other officer that "dry fired" at him? Just to prove a point if nothing else?
    Likely, but he retribution from the agency would be likely not worth it. What he should do is file a massive civil suit. They would be killing themselves to make that one go away.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

The more I read about this incident, the more angry I get. As the saying goes, "that's not your normal level of stupidity."

It makes me wonder, if that is the level of judgment he uses in the building, then what level of judgment does he use on the street?

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    I hope the book was thrown at the shitbird.

A vertical butt stroke may have been administered to a troop who thought faking a "lunge" at his squad leader -- with magazine inserted -- was amusing...
    It's a terribly long, sad tale of inefficiencies that doesn't make ANYONE look good. The shooter was eventually convicted in Federal Court on False Statement charges (he initially denied having fired the pistol), and was sentenced to (drum roll please...) a $10 fine. Not lyin'...

User Tag List