Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MPD...dry firing at another cop in a surprise training session...WT actual F?

Wow. Scary shit. Scary that they pulled this, scary that no one drew down on him.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    "Training". Yeah, not training, that is fuckery, pure and simple. Everyone involved should be fired.
    I remember catching a bunch of crap from a executive supervisor for carrying a blue gun in my holster while teaching a class. When I explained it was a way to avoid having a tragedy he would have to deal with, he shut up (I forgot to use my kind voice on that one and instead it was the speaking to a kindergartner voice....no Christmas card again). This is the same type of dim wit that would have thought the roll call stunt was a good idea.

This is all part of a horrible culture in the LE community where firearms safety (all of them) is not taken seriously. I can honestly say, I would have beat the guy who put a live gun to my head in roll call into intensive care and while he was eating through a tube for awhile he could think about "consequences". The sergeant who ordered that crap should be walking a foot beat as a patrolman at the city dump for a year.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

"Training". Yeah, not training, that is fuckery, pure and simple. Everyone involved should be fired.
    This...

Actually someone should have been shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    This...

Actually someone should have been shot.
    Yeah, or beat half to death.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Wow. Scary shit. Scary that they pulled this, scary that no one drew down on him.
    . . Some sources say at least one officer did pull his weapon on the officer during the confusing moments surrounding the incident

Yeah, or beat half to death.
    We think alike in the idea at an old school beating a guy into ICU would have been more satisfying.

It's funny (in a tragic way) that we can't figure out how to stop blue on blue shootings....now we have supervisors encouraging it...just f-ing great.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I'll be interested to see what, if any, fallout gets reported on this. Consensus here is pretty clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I'll be interested to see what, if any, fallout gets reported on this. Consensus here is pretty clear.

four MPD sources tell WUSA9.
    A pretty good gauge of how screwed up and miserable a department is how many officers go running to the media to air out dirty laundry. There will be repercussions, not severe enough, but the golden rule of don't embarrass the department has been violated.

I was involved in an investigation wherein a member of the military, on deployment to a combat zone, had developed the habit of "dry firing" his M9 at other unit members, followed by "weapon take away" training. This became a spontaneous thing the service member did whenever, apparently, he was bored. Until the day that he took his "unloaded" M9 out of his holster and "dry fired it" at another service member, and, literally, shot the other member in the head.

Angels intervened, luckily, and the Victim "only" lost his left eye - the bullet traveling through his eye socket and out his right cheek.

This kind of fucktard behavior can LITERALLY get people killed. The Sgt who proposed it, and officer who "followed instructions" in this matter should both be retrained SEVERELY, if not terminated for cause.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post

This kind of fucktard behavior can LITERALLY get people killed. The Sgt who proposed it, and officer who "followed instructions" in this matter should both be retrained SEVERELY, if not terminated for cause.
    Re-trained?! You're too kind. This level of stupid is ingrained too deep to train out. They need to be drummed out of service and made an example of. 2 small sacrifices are worth it if it gets the point across to the department and averts 1 tragedy.

User Tag List