Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PF Snub Standards

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I have tried to make this fairly easy. I carry a service pistol in preparation for possibly being involved in a gunfight or shooting. My snub revolvers are in preparation for a fight.
    I wouldn't often reach for my J frame in a gunfight, but if I did I'd be close enough that there would be no doubt I could make good hits. As for a FAST drill with a J frame, I'm going to say my speed will be glacial, like 12 seconds looks real good kind of glacial. The only reasons I carry reloads for the J frame: OCD, and to give me something to do while ISIS circles around and kills me after I've run out of 9mm.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    I think that 10 seconds, with a J frame using speedloaders is a good. 12 seconds if reloading with speed strips. As you can guess, the tough part of that equation is the ejection/loading sequence. A hung up case that you have to flick out with your finger is a costly event.

I work for sub-7 seconds on the FAST with a service pistol.

I have an event coming up with Claude Werner soon, so perhaps he and I can collaborate on this exercise (J Frame FAST Drill) and put it all onto video, using speedloaders, strips, and maybe even single loading from loops or a pocket, for additional variables.

I, for one, would love to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    I, for one, would love to see that.
    I'll do my best to make it happen!

As a daily snub carrier my standard is shooting the Florida LEOSA qualification course with both the "J" and "K" frame snubs I have. I practice those qualifications at half times and require a 90+% score to feel comfortable with the revolvers.

User Tag List